Hallmark Hotel Derby Midland
US$81
US$87
US$72
  • Restaurant
Aston Court Hotel(Derby)(Great Value!)
US$54
US$79
US$73
Agoda.com
US$131
US$99
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Derby Pride Park(Derby)(Great Value!)
US$55
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Derby West(Derby)(Great Value!)
PremierInn.com
Orbitz.com
1,351 results
All reviewschatsworth housetrain stationcar parkevening mealfirst morninglovely hotelboth morningssingle roomenjoyable staychristmas partybar areatown centreself servicepeak districtfull englishweekend breakalton towers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Checking in was easy and quick. My was first impression of the building was good. It is a fairly old building and the interior design suits. The room was quite small but had enough room for myself and my bits. The design was nice and the room was very clean. Only problem was with the place is the noise from people walking through the hallways to and from the rooms and the heat in the rooms.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
HallmarkGM, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Derby Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you for your review. It is always great to receive positive feedback which helps us focus our training needs on where we do things that exceed our guest expectations and where we need to make adjustments to make improvements. We very much hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Took a well advertised discounted winter break here , very easy to book via the Hallmark website which came with a free drink and 20% off food . Room was very comfortable, spotless clean with all the usual amenities. Great efficient welcome along with with friendly and efficient bar staff in the evening and cleaning staff in the morning . My evening meal was spot on. THE BREAKFAST!
Breakfast on Saturday quality wise was excellent. I usually take breakfast early but they start later at the weekend so I went out and came back to the hotel at 9:50hrs.
This is obviously close to the finishing time of 10:00hrs. The lady took my room number politely and pointed to table , asked if I would sit there, so I did. Around 5-10 mins later, one of the other guests said it is self service and pointed to the food area.
So I went and helped myself. I returned and began to eat again the quality was excellent. Another guest said at least you can get a drink back in your room. That is right I was never offered either tea or coffee!.
I am not saying this is correct, but the impression given was the table clearing and resetting was far more important than me or the other guests at this time of the morning ; so it begs the question does breakfast finish at 10:00 or 09:45 if its the earlier then put that on the guest info; if it is 10:00 then serve until 10:00!!!! I never bothered taking my breakfast on the Sunday but went over the road and had one there instead!
Where the service was excellent, the quality not so, but I was looked after!
Other downsides - lots of litter outside does spoil the look a bit and some noise from what i believe was aircon or fridge units cutting in during the night.
None of these were enough to put me of as i came back last weekend (didn't bother with breakfast this time) and had another great night away.
To sum up i recommended staying here but, please Hallmark sort the weekend breakfast times out ! I will be back next month!!!

Stayed: February 2018

Thank you so much for your 4 star review, it really does mean a lot to the team here since we share all reviews good and not so good with the knowledge that we try to exceed all our guests expectations or at least learn from our guests experiences. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 February 2018

We had a short mini break at The Midland and it was %100 in every way. Great hotel, well furnished and very clean. Very helpful and friendly staff. Great food in the hotel restaurant - Dinner was excellent, breakfast was amazing. The room was spacious, well appointed and tasteful decor made thew whole experience very good value. Location and parking was spot on for our shopping trip.

Room Tip: mid range is best
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

The team will be thrilled to read your review, thank you for appraising our efforts at five stars it is very much appreciated. Hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Just had my birthday weekend in the hallmark hotel.The check in was very slick and all our questions answered straight away.
Very nice room, very friendly staff, beautiful breakfast. The atmosphere everywhere in the hotel was warm and friendly.
Overall a brilliant stay. We will deffernatly stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your five star review, it really is a pleasure to be of service to you and the team really do respond to your positive feedback. I hope we will have the pleasure of your company again soon.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

A very enjoyable weekend stay in this hotel. Food was excellent, staff very friendly and attentive. Only slight down point was the dated decor in our room. The room was clean and functional. That said we would stay again.