“Mum's birthday”

Ranked #379 of 628 Restaurants in Derby
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Really nice food and everything was served quick. Big portions. Kebabs and flat bread meals are good. Everything was good

Reviewed 15 July 2017

very disappointed , there were 4 of us at 2pm in the afternoon ordering a meal - so it wasn't busy, 10 - 15 minutes after ordering the girl came out to us to say that 3 of us couldn't have what we'd ordered as the doner meat machine was broken. we ordered something else. our order eventually arrived after another 30 minutes - my food was cold - they brought the wrong food out for my son-in law and the meal that was the only original order had obviously been cooked 40 minutes ago and left. the family on the next table weren't even told that what they ordered was unavailable - and having waited longer than us were eventually told there order had been lost - absolute shambles, again if i could have left no stars on the rating i would have - it really didn't warrant even one star

2  Thank ericwilliams2017
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

Posting on behalf of my husband. "It was busy as they had an event on (that was the reason he was there). It took 20 minutes to get served (several people getting served before him despite having arrived at the bar after him. The staff were clearly not paying attention to who had been waiting longest. Went outside and put his full pint down to put sunglasses on and the glass collector knocked over and broke my glass. No offer to replace it made at all. Just set about cleaning up the broken glass. He back in and waited again for a further 15 mins. Explained to the girl behind the bar that the glass collector had broken his first pint and she showed no interest in replacing the pint, but just asked him for another £3.40. Not even an apology. Appreciate things are busy and people try it on but no attempt was made to even apologise.

1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed 26 May 2017

My wife and myself visited for an evening meal after seeing the place recommended in the local paper. The menu (apart from the Kebabs and Pizzas) was very limited. We had to wait about 50 minutes for the food to come. I ordered Haddock and chips. The fish was OK but very small and the chips were soggy and almost uneatable. My wife ordered the lamb chops but she could hardly cut them even with a steak knife and was chewing the bits for ages.

2  Thank Antony B
Reviewed 21 May 2017

visited the wilmot arms on 20th may 2017 with my girlfriend has a family friend had told us about the pub selling kebabs so we fought we would try it, when we arrived we fount a table easily and felt comfy straight away. we placed a order for food which we had a kebab quad platter so we got chicken tikka lamb kebab meat and steak slices and a chilli nan with fries and sweet patato fries and side salad. the food didn't take to long to come out after all it was Saturday night so we was expecting around a 40 minute wait but it was probably only 25 minutes wait, the food was awesome the meat was nice could tell it wernt like a crappy takeaway, me and the missus really enjoyed it, we couldn't finish it all so we asked for a takeout box has we new the pub did takeaways and the bloke behind the bar kindly offerd to take it into the kitchen and box it up for us which I fought was brilliant service. The food was cheap £20 for everything we got and the beer is cheap around £3 a pint and it was a proper nice pint aswell no water down stuff like most pubs now days.

I would highly recommend this place to everyone !!

The highlight of the trip was the lady behind the bar looked like she had escaped the zoo because she was dressed in a tiger all in one outfit haha