“Best Burgers by a country mile”
Review of The Forge

The Forge
Ranked #75 of 628 Restaurants in Derby
Price range: US$11 - US$18
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Trip Adviser reviews led us to the Forge. clean establishment, very good range of beers and knowledgeable helpful staff, waiting staff attentive. we sat in the courtyard and a 20 minute wait for our food was very reasonable, meal size was excellent value for money I had the classic burger OH the classic with cheese, the chips were the best i have had, the onion rings were massive, a lot of batter, the burgers were the best I have ever tasted. we are not local to the area, but will come back again.... totally reccomend

1  Thank Margaret H

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I have to admit the last time I have visited Derby I eat to the pub opposite
The weather was really nice
a smoker was in use in the courtyard
With a smell very attractive and inviting
The only complaint was the time we have to wait for the cocktails to arrive
Otherwise my partner have the dog not with the bread appropriate but really tasty
My daughter have the goat cheese salad with a nice portion of goat cheese
For myself I have the burger call pig something one of the best burger I ever have with some very tasty side and a nice coleslaw
Very nice selection of beers
So will I recommend the forge
Without a doubt
Franck

1  Thank parisien63
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

This it the secomd time i have been here now and it was better than the first. The food is out of this world, with excerlent service and the food was brought to us within 10 mins. Very friendly staff who where nor just bothered with as king how the meal was but was asking what we thought of all the things they where doing in the place.

1  Thank Steve-Teer
Reviewed 20 June 2017

The restaurant itself is a little hidden away so wasn't overly busy for a Friday night. Inside it's clean, bright and nicely laid out with a good number of tables for a fairly small place. The menu isn't overly priced and has a a fairly wide variety of items, including a couple of vegetarian options. The beer menu is impressive, though don't be surprised if they don't have your first or even second choice of drink.

After ordering, the food was brought out to the table fairly quickly. The food itself was of good quality, the chips were all clearly hand cut and nicely seasoned, the burgers looked to be hand made and had a nice flavour and a decent texture. I personally prefer my burgers a little pink in the middle and although the burger wasn't pink, it wasn't overcooked either.

I'd personally recommend The Forge as a nice place to get a decent quality, not overly expensive meal and would happily visit again.

1  Thank Dan G
Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

Large group booked a table only half an hour before turned up, everything ready when arrived. Good selection of burgers, sides and different continental beers. Staff extremely friendly. Food came reasonable quickly and was very tasty. Price was okay, you would be able to find cheaper places but you definitely get what you pay for. Would highly recommend paying The Forge a visit.

1  Thank TopInsight