First things first; this hotel isn’t at Gatwick Airport – it’s 15 mins away in a taxi. If you’re expecting it to be across the road from the airport think again. Having said that there is a taxi service that appears to be at least complimentary in one direction – airport to hotel; though possibly not the other. It seems unclear! The hotel said it was complimentary in both directions but the taxi driver seemed to have other ideas. Anyway the taxi is £9 to the North Terminal at Gatwick.
Onto the hotel – in essence it’s very good. You wouldn’t want to stay there for more than a day or two because it’s only really set up for overnight stops but the facilities are good. The rooms are well presented, clean, tidy and fresh. They have the usual stuff – TV, Tea\coffee, Phone, trouser press, etc and ironing board.
Breakfast is the only meal really catered for at the hotel and this seems to be included in the room cost. It’s self-service style affair with both cooked full English and continental. You can have as much as you want!
Although you can get snacks in the hotel it’s fairly basic fare – as is the bar. Drinks are mostly bottled beers and cider with spirits in miniature form. There were some on-tap lagers but they didn’t seem to be working when we were there. However; don’t despair if you make your way across the car park you’ll find a Harvester pub with a fine selection of beverages at reasonable-ish prices. They also have a bars menu with a full restaurant out the back.
All in all this is a good hotel but just remember it’s NOT at Gatwick Airport.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley Hotel is located just 15 minutes from Gatwick Airport & less than 10 minutes from J/10 of M23. We offer onsite parking for residents at a rate of £7 per day. Three Bridges & Crawley stations are walking distance & offer's easy links to Brighton, London & beyond. Crawley Town center with selective shops and restaurants is at pleasant walking distance. Buses go to Gatwick and Crawley including Manor Royal. Ideally situated for both leisure & business travelers the hotel has Free Wireless Internet access in all areas. All bedrooms offer TV with free view satellite channels, telephone, tea & coffee facilities, and hairdryer, dry cleaning & power showers. Complimentary continental buffet breakfast with selective hot items served for all guests. The Holiday Inn Express Gatwick Crawley has a well equipped meeting room seating up to 25 people, rates starting from just £85. Local attractions include The Hawth Theatre. K2 Leisure Centre. Tilgate Forest Golf Course & County Mall Shopping Centre. You could also visit the nearby Hever Castle, the birthplace of Anne Boleyn. Biggin Hill. Chessington World of Adventure & Thorpe Park,Nearby Towns include Horsham, East Grinstead, Haywards Heath, Reigate & Redhill. Adjacent to the hotel is the Harvester restaurant, serving food from 12pm till 9.30pm, famous for their flame grilled steaks, spit roast chicken, and salad cart. This is a non smoking hotel but with designated area for smokers. Hotel has air-conditioned Bar with flat screen TV and satellite channels which also serve snacks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Gatwick-Crawley Hotel Crawley
- Holiday Inn Express Crawley
- Holiday Inn Crawley
- Crawley Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express London Gatwick-Crawley West Sussex