9,074 results
All reviews garden restaurant the executive lounge south terminal new wing an early flight sports bar car park next morning gatwick airport covered walkway family room costa coffee stayed for one night an overnight stay good nights sleep night's sleep airline
Reviewed 28 June 2018

The hotel is great, location great, room was great, staff were great, BUT The Garden restaurant was a huge disappointment. We opted for the 26 pound sterling buffet for dinner. Poor choices. Not much food on display, soup tureen (Thai Tomato Soup with rice) was almost empty and no rice. Carvery option was only ham and not much of that. Tables left un-bussed and no attempt to clear our table between courses. Again, great hotel but restaurant was not to the standard we expect from Hilton.

Room tip: Opt for rooms in the new section. Did not hear any aircraft noise.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kara M, General Manager at Hotel Hilton London Gatwick Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to feedback to us after your recent stay. Please accept my most sincere apologies as a result of shortcomings experienced in the restaurant for dinner. I have shared your comments with our department concerned for remedial action to be in place. I do look forward to welcome you back in a not too distant future. Best regards, Kara Monteiro, General Manager.

Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton at Gatwick South as I was flying out early the next morning. No complaints. Comfortable room with good amenities and close to the airport. Value for money wasn’t bad although I can’t comment on breakfast as I didn’t bother with it. Could they have done anything better? Not that I can think of. The queue at check-in was bit long and they didn’t bother putting any additional staff on even though there were 2 or 3 standing around. Apart from that it was just what I needed.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback after your recent stay with us. i have shared your constructive feedback with our senior management team and remedial action will be put in place where possible. I am pleased to confirm our upcoming major refurbishment in the next few months, including both rooms and public areas, expected to span till 2020. I do look forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future. Best regards, Kara Monteiro, General Manager

Reviewed 28 June 2018

The room was fine and breakfast was very tasty, my partner commented one of the best hotel breakfasts she had ever had.

Nice clean bathroom, spacious room and bathroom, good toiletries, free fast wifi.

Staff were all polite, professional and friendly.

Only negative point- I didn't appreciate being charged £1 without my consent, for a charity donation. I checked in online the day before, it was a prepaid room and wasn't given a paper invoice at check out (hadn't had any extras to pay for). So was never made aware of this £1 discretional donation. Its poor practice to bill people for things they are not aware of/did not agree to and charge their bank card without their knowledge.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Ian F

Thank you for sharing the great feedback after your recent stay with us. I am really delighted of your enjoyable experience with us. Please accept my apologies for any inconveniences caused on the shortfall in communication experienced. I have shared your comments with our team concerned in order to ensure the matter is rectified. Can I please ask you to get in touch with Karen Ballam in this respect. I do look forward to welcome you back in a not too distant future. Best regards, Kara Monteiro, General Manager. karen.ballam@hiltongatwickairport.com

Reviewed 28 June 2018

I have stayed at numerous Gatwick/Crawley hotels, and I keep returning to the Hilton.

1) Amy's Restaurant - best restaurant at Gatwick, and I've tried each and every one outside of security, both North and South terminals.

2) Location - although it may seem like a maze to get there, it's actually incredibly close to South, the train station and the Crawley Metrobus stop.

However, there are things the property could do to improve!

1) Better TVs! I don't know what software they put on, but the channels change SO SLOWLY. A guilty pleasure while traveling is flipping through channels in bed! Make it easier!

2) Garden Restaurant - super disappointing breakfast. There are many options, but they're all bland.

3) Hallway carpet and lighting in the original building - replace and make brighter.

Room tip: Rooms in the 7000 range
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you for the great feedback shared after your recent stay with us. I am delighted to note of enjoyable experience as well as some constructive tips. I am pleased to confirm our upcoming major refurbishment due to start in the next few months to include both rooms and public areas. I do look forward to welcome you back in a not too distant future. Best regards, Kara Monteiro, General Manager.

Reviewed 28 June 2018

This is a huge sprawling property. Although branded as a hilton, it feels far inferior - at least, the hilton touch is missing. Perhaps this is inevitable in an airport hotel with high levels of turnover. The restaurants are expensive and the food nothing to write home about.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank TempleofPeace

Thank you for sharing some feedback with us after your recent stay with us. Please accept my most sincere apologies for any inconveniences caused as a result of shortcomings experienced. I am pleased to confirm our upcoming major refurbishment of both rooms and public areas due to start in the next few months. Best regards, Kara Monteiro, General Manager.