“Close to town centre but poor condition”
Review of City Centre Rooms

City Centre Rooms
Reviewed 12 June 2015

Finding all rooms in central Milton Keynes booked I finally located this place. Some upsides first. It was a short pleasant walk to town (10 minutes to the Midsummer Blvd mall). Young lady in the office room was cheerful and helpful, providing some directions to the centre and the wifi password (wifi worked fine), sending me a receipt by email after I asked her to print one (!). There is a kitchen on the ground floor, and a small courtyard but which looks barely usable. Outside is parking at 50p per hour 7am to 6pm, otherwise free. But, downsides prevailed. First off, contacting the office by phone was not possible as 'EE is not working for us today' so before arriving at 5.50pm I never did discover what happens if you arrive beyond 6pm (they email you the location of the keys somewhere). Worst was the strong smell of cat pee in my room (ironically, room 'number 2'; I guess it could have been worse); outside was a sloping roof below the window, complete with cat perched on it, and so I guessed kitty had gained entrance and marked his territory. The cat smell makes me give the place a '2' score for cleanliness. The room door closed with some difficulty each time. In the room was a single and a double bed, chest of drawers, wardrobes, bedside table and lamp, couple of chairs, TV and remote; no basin, loo or shower. Room was clean but shabby. I was kept awake by the sound of slightly aggressive voices from next door's back garden for some time. Next morning I could clearly hear the guy above skyping his family - everything he said. Before that the same characters, I guess, held a prolonged bout of coughing as they kick-started to life with cigarettes outside. There are two bathrooms for the four rooms, one on ground floor, one on second floor. I used the second floor one: shower, loo, basin. In the morning I found a toilet complete with seat up and complete with pee (recurring theme?). One of the three lights worked. The mat on the floor looked dirty. I showered and left as soon as possible. The hotel is located in a shabby part of town. Overall, it saved the day due to location, but I won't be rushing back to this shabby place.

Room Tip: Don't take room 2.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled on business
4  Thank ricardofin

Reviewed 17 May 2015 via mobile

Just what we wanted. We booked the 10 person house which accommodated all of us well. Great location, ample parking, good facilities in house (microwave, etc). Helpful, friendly staff who are always available.

Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2015

party place,reception is far from the small and dirty rooms and guests feel free to do anything they want,smoking strange things,having noisy party till morning,not good for professionals looking for rest

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
5  Thank 298lillo
Reviewed 25 April 2015

After reading other reviews I was a bit worried about staying here, but I didn't think it was as bad as some of the reviews. We hired a 4 bedroom house for a weekend, the location is very close to the centre of Milton Keynes, restaurants and the Xscape centre which is excellent. The house it self was ok, the kitchen didn't have enough mugs or cutlery for 6 people which was annoying and meant we bought some at the supermarket so we could have breakfast as a group. Bedrooms were a good size, but the beds were a bit low to the ground and not that comfortable.

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 April 2015 via mobile

Came to stay here on the Easter weekend and could not fault anything!! Bedroom very clean and comfortable and bathroom modern with a great shower! Staff are very accomadating and happy to help any way they can!! Would definetlty stay again!!

Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends