“sunday lunch”

Old Beams
Ranked #55 of 593 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A McMullen house since 1995, the Old Beams was rebuilt after a fire in 2007. Enjoy Seriously Relaxed Dining in this hidden country gem at the heart of Shenley Lodge. With the remnants of the historical pub abutted to the newer oak framed barn, the ingeniously reconstructed Old Beams is a glorious triumph of gastronomy over adversity! Dine inside warmed by log fires in the vaulted oak barn or private dining rooms of the old pub or, weather permitting, alfresco in the garden or on the patio. We serve glorious food with daily changing specials, tasty world wines, craft ales and world beers, credible coffee all to be enjoyed in this idyllic retreat that’s your home from home – where the chefs do all the work for you and we do the washing up!
Reviewed 30 March 2018

visit last sunday 6 adults great service .food all came out at same time and good quality .even the manager welcomed us nice touch.

OldBeams_MK, General Manager at Old Beams, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear cliffball1,
Thank you so much for your lovely review, I have passed this over to all of our team and they are all delighted with your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Tracie (General Manager)

Reviewed 30 March 2018

we always come for lunch here because its close to work. so i ordered hummus while i was there and it was THE WORST i have had in my life i got the bread cold and the hummus had avocado that looked black - i have notified the manager and he did nothing - he didnt say let me bring you something else or order something else. which was shocking. I am never coming back again me and my colleagues will find another pub to go too.

1  Thank Makhamreh86rana

Dear makhamreh86rana,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, however we are all very confused regarding your comments. Our chef's would never send over ripened avocado out to our guests, and we have spoken to all of our management team and none of us have spoken to any guest or had any complaint regarding the hummus.We would appreciate it if you could email our office with the day and time of your visit so that I can investigate further. Please forward your email to oldbeams.miltonkeynes@mcmullens.co.uk in order that we can attempt to resolve this.
Scott & Tracie
(General Managers)

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

I must admit it has been a while since we've been here as the last visit wasn't great and we're really pleased the Beams is back to its best.
All 3 courses were great, there were 4 of us and there was no waiting around for food or drinks. I'd say the best review I could give would be to say that all plates were emptied of all three courses served.

The young lady serving us was top class and nothing was too much for her. I'm sorry I do t remember her name but we'll pop back and I'll review again

On the night we were there a live band was playing, which was great but made conversation a little more difficult. They were a good band so it was no issue but I just think there should have been a 'heads up' when booking as some may have decided they would like a quiet meal.

Be back soon I'm sure.

Thank you.

OldBeams_MK, Manager at Old Beams, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear Rachael

Thank you for returning to The Beams and for your lovely comments. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed the food and the service. We are so pleased that you gave The Old Beams another try and we look forward to seeing on your next visit.

Robert

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Looking for new place to try in MK and discover this lovely pub
Great lamb Sunday roast to finish with super tasty tartatin ;)

OldBeams_MK, Manager at Old Beams, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Hi renato15011981,

I am glad you discovered us tucked away in the estate of Shenley Lodge.
Our roasts have much improved recently and we also serve the lamb shank slightly differently in the week, so if you are a fan of lamb you don't just have to limit it to a Sunday!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon,
kind regards,
Becca Cook
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We come here regularly and always receive fab fab fab service. Especially from Mac and Sophie who go out of their way to provide an extra something - truly great service. Well done team!!

1  Thank Sarahn389

Hi Sarahn389,

Thank you for your great feedback regarding Sophie and Mac, I will make sure they see your comments and I am sure they will be very pleased!
We look forward to welcoming you again soon,