“Birthday letdown”

Ranked #48 of 546 Restaurants in Milton Keynes
Price range: US$5 - US$24
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Beefeater opened their doors back in 1974, and were driven by a passion for glorious steak. Mouth-watering cuts at mouth-watering prices was their motto. Reassuringly nothing's changed, these things still drive them today and they always will. Beefeater believe in two things, a warm friendly welcome and serving incredible steak.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Went there with high hopes of a good meal as I visit at least once every 2 months. The size of the meals we had had seemed to have shrunk since our last visit but the cost had increased. Not impressed the jerk chicken burger bun reminded me of a burger king low cost bun.if I had not had a birthday voucher and reward points my bill for two would of been well over fifty pounds and for what we received was not good value

Reviewed 7 September 2017

We stayed at the premier inn next door so we had breakfast here the service was fantastic the gentleman serving us was great he was polite and totally on top over every ones tables. the food was fresh and there was lots of it and the cooked breakfast was great highly recommend.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Spent a couple of nights in MK recently and had breakfast here both days. There is a nice beefeater in my area when when travelling to other parts of country try to look out for others. This one didn't disappoint, good value with kids eat free offer, cooked breakfast cooked well and as requested, and helpful polite staff.

1  Thank Trevor S
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We are regulars at The Barn, MK (at least twice a month) and food and service is usually excellent. After booking a table for 2 in the evening on bank holiday Monday unfortunately that's where it started to go wrong on this occasion. We requested a certain table (ok to be fair they did say on the phone they couldn't guarantee it) only to be showed to a different table. Not a huge deal. After a few minutes our waitress came to take our food and drinks order...a few minutes later she came back saying they had run out of the cordial my partner requested, several minutes after this she returned with the drink saying they managed to find some. When my partner tasted it however, it was made with water instead of soda water as requested. Shortly afterwards, our food arrived...our waitress asked if we would like anything else, my partner requested some sauce. We started eating our meal but 10 minutes later the sauce still hadn't arrived! By this time my partners food was getting cold as she was waiting. We eventually caught our waitress who apologized and brought the sauce. I'll give credit where it's due, our food was really nice. When we finished our waitress collected our plates and asked if we wanted to see the dessert menu. I wasn't fussed but my partner knew what she wanted without looking. Guess what? Yep, they'd run out! We just requested the bill. They didn't charge for my partner's cordial drink (waitress was made aware by us it wasn't made correctly) and we had a 40% off voucher. We were given a 25% off voucher signed off by the manager on our next visit, even though we didn't complain, so I get the feeling they knew we weren't too happy. Unfortunately our last visit was similar, albeit not quite as stressful! Now you're probably wondering why I've given The Barn 4 stars based on my review. As I said, almost all of our visits here have been lovely in every way, it is only the last two which let us down. We really hope they were just having an off day as it would be a real shame if this place went downhill. Yes it put a dampener on an otherwise good bank holiday but we will be back, although maybe not as soon as usual.

Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

After a great day at Woburn Safari Park we stopped at Milton Keynes before going to Bletchley Park tomorrow. Opted for Beefeater as it brought back memories from when kids were little. Good menu, service, food, beer and coffee. Would go again.

1  Thank SJS240