“Could do with more staff”
Review of Henry's Carvery & Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Henry's Carvery & Grill
Cuisines: Grill
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I had the carvery on a Sunday, I picked to have 3 meats and it was brilliant. I had all of the veg, Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes and gravy that I wanted. And the price was great too, the drinks are a little pricy but it's still all worth it. The only problem we had was that there was 2 members of staff, one was the waitress and one the chef so everything took a long time to come to us. I had a few problems ordering drinks as I wanted a cocktail but the waitress said that they had had a break in a few days before and moat of the booze had been taken.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I went here a couple of weeks after the restaurant opened and really enjoyed my meal.

As it hadn't been open for that long, the restaurant was still going through some teething problems I think, but all in all I was really pleased with it.

Portion sizes were very generous. I shared a platter for starter which promised to be "a bit of everything" and it certainly delivered. I couldn't believe this was only supposed to be for 2 people. It looked more like it should be for 4! And it wasn't quantity over quality either. The food tasted good.

They have a great selection of burgers - all different types - and the one I had was very tasty.

All in all, I was very pleased with the meal. It was tasty, very reasonably priced, the staff were friendly and the venue was nicely decked out.

I would certainly return, maybe to try out their carvery next time.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

went there on a Monday evening in April 2012. Should have realised what to expect when we saw only one other table occupied. Never had such a poor meal in my life. Not a carvery in any sense, more of a plated microwave roast. Nowhere near as good as Toby carveries.
Poor quality, poor standard, slow service, truly dreadful.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

Went here on a Saturday night, restaurant was quite busy. The food was pretty standard carvery material, but well enough done. Service was good, pleasant without being intrusive. Good value for money and a pleasant atmosphere

1  Thank onyerbikeYork
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The food in this resteraunt was top knotch, very tasty and very well priced.
The waitresses were very on the ball and happy to help with anything, nothing was too much trouble.
Relaxed atmosphere, nice to chill out with a special house cocoktail or a free cup of tea or coffee at lunch time.

1  Thank amymarie1234