Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews leeds castle reviewed separately fabulous room bathroom window one night stay yogurt moat gatehouse kettle shutters toiletries france
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 January 2020

This was my second stay at the Maiden’s Tower and I love it. It’s such fun setting up a stay there to wow the uninitiated with. I had booked two rooms for the night of December 23rd. We arrived already quite late as we had first had dinner elsewhere. I know you can have meals at the Castleview Restaurant, but we opted to have dinner elsewhere.

You drive into the castle via the back entrance and we could park in the courtyard. There was a lovely lady at check in who gave us a warm welcome and it was a very easy process. We even got a small token gift in celebration of the the castle’s 900 year anniversary. Then I must admit it’s a bit of a walk to the castle with all your bags and I’m not quite sure why they don’t offer to buggy you in. Having said that it’s such fun to walk up and for my guests getting their first view of the lit up castle and the island. To walk up to the closed Gatehouse, to be let in and having it all to yourself feels such a privilege!

The security chap who met us at the castle went above and beyond. He offered to take pictures of us at the Gatehouse, showed us around and gave us a peek of the sunken [walled] garden. It was a real treat. We felt ever so welcomed and spoilt. He surpassed himself as did the next guard who came on in the morning. The security team really enhanced our stay and overall experience, they outdid themselves for which I can’t thank them enough.

You can take some wonderful pictures of the croquet lawn with the castle behind. With all the decorated trees for Christmas we truly felt like we were in a fairytale.

Maiden’s tower is an ancient building just to the right of the castle. It was originally where several of the ladies in waiting would have stayed. We had two rooms unfortunately both on the moat side of the tower as oppose to the castle side. My room “Margaret of France” does however have a wonderful view of the castle from the bathroom window. The rooms are ample in size and with oodles of character. They are most comfortable with all the details one would expect such as robes, slippers, excellent in-room beverage making facilities, crisp linens etc. I very much liked the layout of my room. The bathroom room also had generous proportions and lovely Molton Brown toiletries. The WiFi is excellent and even in the depth of winter the temperature was sung. However, it would have been a nice touch especially for my Californian friends if the heaters had been turned on before we arrived. Having said that the room did not take long to heat up, but it’s that first impression. I had a sumptuous bath and a wonderful nights sleep. There was a fun detail in my bathroom of an ancient mini peek window in the shutter of the window.

In the morning having packed and taken our things to our car we had a relaxed breakfast overlooking the castle. Service at breakfast was very good and attentive, exceptionally so. After breakfast one of the team even offered to take pictures of us on the terrace which was a lovely touch before we headed off to explore the castle.

My only slight regret was that as a guest one can walk around the gardens after hours however of course in Winter when it‘s dark so early and not light till late that is not such an option, but it would be fun to do in the summer and really relish that privilege.

I very much enjoyed our stay and it certainly is an original experience to do with people from abroad in particular as it delivers in spades. It’s a wonderful feeling to be able to share that with friends whilst enjoying a relaxing night feeling pampered. To me it still feels an utterly surreal honour to be able to stay at this special place and to experience it after hours having it all to yourselves!

Room tip: Ask for a castle view room if possible
Date of stay: December 2019
3  Thank VisitBlighty
Reviewed 19 September 2019

Haven't posted on TA for a while and whilst writing other reviews today I realise that I didn't review our stay here in 2016 (TA drop down will only let me post back as far as Oct 18) !!

My husband and I stayed here for our 25th Wedding Anniversary and given we have just celebrated our 28th and the memory of this beautiful building and park remains fondly in my memory should speak for itself.

There are only 4 or 5 rooms with limited availability in the Maidens Tower, It has so much history to the building it felt an honour to have had the opportunity to stay.

I am a girl of simple tastes and one of the highlights for me was the fact that we have the entire park virtually to ourselves once the gates were closed at 5pm. We took a bottle of fizz and a couple of rugs down to the lake and lay on the slope to watch the stars drift by.

The following day we had booked a Segway session which was great fun and the guide was very knowledgeable about the history of the castle and park.

The only disappointment was that we booked the on site "restaurant' for our evening meal believing that it would meet the exceptional accommodation for our Silver Anniversary meal. However the restaurant was the canteen/cafe which serves the public visiting the park and castle during the day. This is not the fault of the accommodation but my failure to do adequate research. So if you treat yourself to a luxury stay at the Maidens Tower, book a 5* restaurant off site.

Date of stay: October 2018
LeedsCastleKent, Manager at Leeds Castle - Maidens Tower B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2019

Dear Guest,

Your positive comments are greatly appreciated and we thank you for taking the time to review Leeds Castle. Feedback is very important to us and we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay.

We hope to welcome you again in the future.

Best regards,
The Accommodation Manager

Reviewed 24 June 2019 via mobile

My wife and I had booked a one night stay in the Maiden’s Tower. On arrival we were greeted courteously and spent a lovely morning walking the castle and grounds. They are well worth seeing.
We returned to the office to get the key to our room. Now, the Maiden’s Tower is a good quarter of a mile from the office, through the busiest walkway for visitors. So, we asked if someone could take our cases, and were told “no”, because of an event they were preparing for. Luckily, someone from the back office stepped in, when they heard our obvious shock and unhappiness and magically found someone to transport our cases.

On to the room. Amazing. The building, the room, the amenities, the view, the bed. I cannot fault it.

Breakfast the next morning was equally good.

Check out... we phoned up to get our cases collected. Same issue... felt like we were an imposition for asking. So, we dragged our cases the quarter mile, up a slope to the car. We did also ask if we could (in the morning there are no visitors) drive the car down to the tower, but we were told “no”. It wasn’t just that we were told that this was not possible, it was the attitude of the person on the phone. She sounded genuinely angry with me.

Now, when we went to drop off the key, the staff did express surprise - they had been trying to find someone - they also admitted that they were occupied with a wedding preparation: we overheard them agreeing to transport the father of the bride to look at the Maiden’s Tower. So - apparently if you are part of a 10k+ spend you will get shipped around. Spend hundreds on a room, and you do not warrant service.

So here’s my advice to Leeds Castle. 1. Your customer service is poor. 2. If your service doesn’t scale to accommodate your full clientele (you have to focus on a wedding and ignore the needs of other guests), then your model is wrong.

The three stars is because the accommodation is excellent. The experience is ruined because of the service you provide.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
LeedsCastleKent, Manager at Leeds Castle - Maidens Tower B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2019

Dear Guest,

After reading your review following your stay in the Maiden’s Tower I would like to take the opportunity to respond.

The Maiden’s Tower is approximately 4 to 5 mins walk from the Hospitality Reception and a lot of guests who stay in the Maiden’s Tower enjoy the walk. Where possible we do endeavour to give lifts to guests if they request one, but this isn’t always available so we can not guarantee it. I apologise profusely if you felt the receptionist was in anyway dismissive or rude. When we have a wedding or function on we do have to utilise vehicles to take guests over to the tower usually if there are walking difficulties involved or they have items that are required for the wedding for example. I can assure you that we treat all our guests with the same importance and I’m sorry if you felt you were being treated unfairly. All of the reception team have been shown this review. I am glad we found an assistant for you on your arrival.

The receptionist was right to advise that vehicles are not allowed on the castle island, but I apologise if you found her manner was aggressive.

We at Leeds Castle pride ourselves on the customer service skills of all staff so I can assure you we do act upon feedback from guests.

It is pleasing to see that you found the room to be amazing, which is the feedback we get from guests who have stayed in the Maiden’s Tower. The comment about breakfast is again much appreciated and it will of course be passed onto the catering team.

Kind Regards,
The Accommodation Manager

Reviewed 20 March 2019 via mobile

We had a beautiful stay in the Maidens Tower. Beautiful setting, a lovely bedroom and bathroom. Warm too which I was surprised at considering it was March. The staff were all courteous and welcoming and helpful. We’ll definitely go again.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank heatherwilliamsw2018
Reviewed 22 February 2019 via mobile

Your own castle !!! Incredible comfortable beds, modern super bathrooms, centrally heated cozy. Your private security at the gate house on the moat. OH MY GOODNESS what’s not to love. And you know I’m picky!!!
5 double en-suite bedrooms in The Maidens Tower allows you to be the sole owner if only for one night. Dinner and breakfast is served in the Prue Leigh restaurant which you meander to which also serves lunch and coffee etc
We sat overlooking the Castle with the nicest staff looking after our party of 6. Nothing is too much trouble and the food was delicious. Equally you can stay in the garden rooms - converted stables I think which we peaked into.
Would I visit again. ? I did. and will be back. Thank you Leeds Castle