All reviewsbrewers fayre next doorbrewers farecomfy stayroom was lovely and cleangreat bedmeal dealclean hotelan enjoyable staynight stayplenty of parkingthe pubshort stayfamily roomfirst floorevening mealchannel tunnelthe ground floor
Reviewed 3 September 2017

I had to be in the Maidstone area for a few days with colleagues so we booked into the Leybourne Premier Inn. As usual Staff were efficient and the room was large ,clean and the hypnos bed ridiculously comfortable. Bathroom large with over bath shower which is fine if you can cock your leg over the bath side but as I have bad arthritis in both knees its a bit of a struggle at times. The other problem I found was there are no grab handles to help you out the bath so I struggled a bit. The pub next door served the usual pub fare of Lasgne,chilli,burgers and steaks along with salads but they were having a problem with their till system so I wasnt able to get VAT reciept which caused me major problems back at the office when I tried to reclaim my expenses. I have e-mailed them asking for a receipt but am still waiting for a response despite being assured over the phone they would sort it for me.
I found it a cheap and cheerful stay as you would expect from Premier Inns.

Room Tip: Upper floor quieter
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 August 2017

I entered the room to be pleased with the furnishings, comfort and splendid level of lighting available. Bathroom was fine.
But it is so hot in here. 26.5C! Could not switch on the air-conditioning. Then noticed that the print on the controller informs me that I cannot cool the room. The window opens about 10cm at the bottom edge. Help!
I need to phone reception. I would rather not walk back. My ankle is sore and I would need to hobble 100 paces to get to the top of the stairs (No lift!)
So where is the phone? Premier Inn do not provide them! I can phone Reception, once I know the phone number. It is not on the "information" booklet.
Oh look! To quote from the tatty publication,
"It's a good idea to keep your room fairly cool for a good night's sleep. Adjust the heating or air conditioning to what feels comfortable for you - have a look at the instructions in the back of this guide."
There were no instructions. When I hobbled back to Reception I was informed that the hotel is not air-conditioned and their rooms do not have in-room phones. This is a first for me.
Mustn't complain. For the second night (28.5C) they provided a high-quality fan that had to be left on all night. The noise did not help me to sleep.

Room Tip: Ask for their direct line so that you can phone reception from your room
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Just of the M20. 40 odd minutes from Folkestone eurotunnel terminal. Also good for local sightseeing. For just under £25 pp extra you can make it a half board experience. I normally skip breakfast, but was very impressed with the food on offer. If I can book here for a good price, I'll be back. Reception ladies were very nice too.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2017

Perfect stoop off en route to Le Shuttle, food was fab, rooms clean & staff very pleasant. Couldn't have asked for a better stop over.Highly recommend and one of the better PRemier Inns that I have stayed in.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Very unhealthy rooms with no ventilation and no air conditioning.

When you take a shower the steam stays in the bedroom and doesn't leave the room because there is no ventilation.

For security reasons there is a latch on the window meaning it can hardly be opened! Guess what? That means you are unable to ventilate and thus you must put up with 27 freaking degrees because there is NO AIRCON!!!

Stayed here a couple of years ago, gave it another go thinking they would have sorted the NO AIRCON issue; sadly - No!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business