Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Destinia.com
Hotels.com
Travelocity
2,296 results
All reviews afternoon tea luxury room full body massage alexander house steam room therapy pool changing rooms elements bar my birthday my partner steak finger sandwiches special occasion sister hotel relaxing break robes and slippers before dinner
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 November 2018 via mobile

My wife decided she would like to spend some time unwinding in comfortable surroundings for her birthday.... So I did some research, took onboard some personal recommendations and chose Rowhill grange..... Everything was exactly as you could possibly wish for.... We were quickly made to feel welcome, service standards are impeccable , quality of fixtures and fittings is superb throughout , hygiene is something they clearly take pride in, really incredible food with friendly service and attention to detail.... Nothing was too much, every request met, promptly, professionally and with courtesy.... as I say in the title....
I would change nothing.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
James P, Front Office Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Rowhill Grange.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and that the food and service you received throughout your stay met your expectations. You very positive comments about all aspects of your stay are much appreciated and gratefully received.

Thank you once more for your kind words and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 November 2018 via mobile

Great stay at Rowhill hotel would highly recommend staying here! The service was the best I’ve had at any spa and made you feel very welcome! Also the restaurant food and lounge were great too.

Would certainly go back here!

Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at Rowhill Grange and Utopia Spa.

I was delighted to read that you had a wonderful time with us . I am pleased you were satisfied with the service provided by the team during your visit and enjoyed your dining experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 November 2018 via mobile

I have been here before for afternoon tea and it was ok not great value for money but it's good enough for a visit with friends. However my last visit was terrible the bread was dried up I sent the sandwiches back the fillings were almost non existent I actually thought my egg mayo could have passed for bread and butter. This was a special treat for a friend who had been ill we complained and said it wasn't a good tea but no offer to make amends or an offer of drink nothing wont be returning £120 for 3 afternoon teas !!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank gail m

Dear Guest,

Thank you for submitting a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to Rowhill Grange.

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconvenience you experience since it is never our intention to have anyone leave Rowhill Grange feeling disappointed and I am very sorry therefore if on this occasion we failed to meet entirely with your expectations.
Please be assured that we do take all forms of constructive feedback very seriously indeed and your concerns regarding the overall food quality and in particular the sandwiches have been passed on to my kitchen team for their further consideration.

I sincerely hope that you will not be deterred from visiting us again in the future, when you have may personal assurance that we will do our utmost to ensure you are well looked after.

Reviewed 28 November 2018

My Husband booked this as a surprise for my 40th birthday knowing that I had been in the past and loved it, but oh my what a disappointment and a waste of an awful lot of money!!
My Husband booked a master suite (1 of 2) The Mulberry Suite which unfortunately, although charged at the same rate, does not look as impressive as the other master suite. Our room was large and spacious but some what lacking in simple things, such as a mirror at a dressing table, so I had to sit on the floor and use the mirrored cupboard door to get ready for dinner. The blind in the bathroom offered no privacy and let the car park lights shine in at night and no doors between bedroom and bathroom so stuck with this. It was also incredibly noisy as positioned over main reception and staircase again not really on for a Master Suite.
The spa was okay all a few degrees too cold, in my opinion, to really relax in, hence we didn't bother returning on the 2nd day after breakfast. Our couples massage was nice enough.
Dinner was fine, the restaurant really lacks any atmosphere and is a little on the cold side, so be aware of this, take an extra layer! We went well over our £35 per person allocation but at least our main meal of steak was nice. Again at these prices though we where a little disappointed to be pouring our own wine. They did at the end bring out a plate with 'happy Birthday' written on it but like my Husband said it felt a 'bit too little a bit too late!!'
After a poor nights sleep we had a tasty breakfast although unfortunately due to getting my Husbands egg order wrong we ate at separate times. A little confused to some of the surcharges at breakfast, surely eggs benedict costs less than a full English, yet they charge £3 extra for it.
We did talk to a manager on our departure and although very friendly we where not offered anything in compensation except told to email him in advance of our next stay or visit!!
Our total bill was £720 for 1 night!! Think twice before spending your money here guys.

2  Thank HayloKent

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent visit at Rowhill Grange and Utopia Spa.

Naturally, I am disappointed that you did not like the contemporary decor of our Mulberry Suite as this is one of our most popular rooms. We usually receives very positive feedback about the furnishing, size and open plan layout of the suite. The Mulberry Suite is one of the few rooms that is overlooking our main gardens that are illuminated during the night, I am sorry you found the lights coming through the bathroom window to be disturbing. Thank you bringing this matter in to our attention, our Maintenance team will be investigation this further.

I am also disappointed that the service your received in the restaurant wasn’t satisfactory and would like to express my sincerest apology. I am regretful that no member of staff was around at time to refill your glasses. Also I am sorry that you found the restaurant to be a little cold and lacking in atmosphere . We would’ve been happy to change your table or adjust the temperature if we had been made aware of this matter.

In regards to the pools temperature, the Maintenance Manager has double checked the spa logs and assure me that the pools were functioning in the normal parameters. We keep our therapy pool at a constant 33 degree Celsius and Jacuzzi at 36 degree Celsius which are the recommended temperatures for our pools.

Please rest assured that the concerns you have raised are not representative of our usual high standards and necessary actions will be taken to prevent our guests to be inconvenienced again in the future.

I hope that despite your disappointment, you will give us the opportunity to welcoming you back again in the future.

Reviewed 9 November 2018

The venue was excellent, plenty of parking spaces. Beautiful gardens/woodland - perfect for photos.
Our room, although a bit dated, suited our needs being very clean etc. Food & Service was excellent as expected.

Date of stay: September 2018
James P, Front Office Manager at Rowhill Grange Hotel & Utopia Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

I am delighted that you had such an enjoyable day with us and I am pleased that food and service received exceeded your expectations. I will make sure to share your kind words with the rest of the team.

Thank you once more for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back at Rowhill Grange in the near future.