“Awful”

The Pizza Hunt
Ranked #194 of 271 Restaurants in Watford
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

After being disrespectfully spoken to on the booking of my meal, I still decided to continue and visit the place- which I wish I didn't.
The staff are completely rude, we were treated like vermin from the moment we arrived. I am not one to leave negative reviews, look st my record I only use trip advisor to celebrate brilliant experiences but I cannot allow this place to steal people's money.
The food was frozen (everything down to the meat) and nothing tasted the slightest bit fresh.
Everything was overpriced and we were the only people in the restaurant on a Friday night! Says a lot for the place really. Took a while for me to find this place as its actually called STEAKHOUSE. But be warned. Not a nice thing to say about the place. I agree with all the previous reviews. My evening was ruined 80% just from the way the staff spoke to me and my partner. I would definitely not visit again even if it was free. There Are much nicer and cheaper places to eat in Watford without the risk of being treated like dirt. I don't know how they are still in business, by the looks of things they won't be for long. Awful.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

In New Zealand I came across the concept of hot stone steaks and had the moat wonderful dining experience. So when I.came across an offer for Steakhouse I was really excited to tale my boyfriend there.
Firstly the decor is awful. Very dark and unpleasant.
Secondly the food was served on hot stones that were far to hot. They've invested in the concept but not learnt to do it properly. My steak had burnt on one side when it was served, I took it off the stone as directed and tried to enjoy the rest but each piece of mine and my.boyfriends steak stuck and burnt to the stone. I like my steak rare so it wasn't like I was over cooking it. I highlighted this to the waitress and she was useless. Told me to cut the burnt bit off.
We ate the meal as we were very hungry and it was edible just not enjoyable. At the end the assistant manager came out and Iexplained my problem with the food. His response was, 'well no one else has ever said this complaint' not really the point,.most people probably just enjoyed the new experience whereas I am fortunate enough to have had this experience done properly.
I then explained I did not was to pay the supplement. He then threatened to call the police. Very unprofessional. I was disappointed by the food and the way our complaint was dealt with.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

I booked this restaurant through Top Table under the impression that there was a 25% discount. When we arrived we clearly stated that we had booked through Top Table with the discount and checked with the waitress that it was right. we were assured of the discount so we sat down and ordered. The food was average probably all frozen or pre cooked. when it came to paying the bill we were not given the discount and the manager on duty actually was extremley rude and my partner ended up having a row. we paid the bill in full. We would never go there again on principle. There are much nicer places to eat with much friendly staff in Watford

1  Thank SimGLondon
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Woeful service by two unprofessional waitresses who sat giggling at the back and loudly discussing their private lives. Decor drab and outdated, some of the food clearly cooked from frozen, and at the end of the meal the waitress rudely insisted we wrote feedback comments. Couldn't recommend, and no wonder is it was practically empty on a Saturday evening.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

We visited the Steakhouse through a Top Table offer. We were first told off for not printing the voucher (we apologised but we had never had to before - only to be lectured that they restaurant sets its own T&Cs - but they would let us have our booking). Really, for all that, they could have just smiled and said "Welcome"

The meat was good and the service friendly. But the starters (we had to have to qualify for the offer) were terrible. Salad was gloppy with some awful dressing and quite frankly, we would have happily paid for the starters and just not had them.

There was a scarey lady who simply stared at everybody from behind the bar without smiling, letting the poor waitress and one waiter run around like loons with heavy sizzling hot volcanic stones.

If you want to visit I would recommend, asking for NO dressing on any salad you get. (Or seriously just offer to pay for the starters an not have them). When you get the meat, do what the blokes behind us did and get "chips and chips" because otherwise you get a handful of frozen chips and the other side of your plate swimming in salad dressing with a few leaves floating in it.

Given the fabulous steak on a stone places, this place really hasn't made much effort. We're a nation of chip-lovers. They could at least use fresh chips, good quality oil and change the oil regularly. Upping the quality of the salad wouldn't cost them more than pence per head either.

Although we enjoyed our exotic steaks, we're not sure we will go back. Even with 50% off.