“Absolutely awful”

The Pizza Hunt
Ranked #194 of 271 Restaurants in Watford
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 4 May 2015 via mobile

Myself and my friends had a night out and when we got back decided we wanted pizza. They told us that our pizza would arrive at 1:30am promptly however at 3:30am, TWO HOURSE AFTER WE EXPECTED IT, they email me to say that they have cancelled my order with no explanation as to why they have done that. I will never recommend this place to anyone. I am outraged with this. Absolutely awful. Furthermore to add to this outrage they don't even sell margarita pizza or chips?!?!

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I wouldn't be surprised if it's to shake off these honest reviews. ..
We walked in to a poorly ventilated restaurant (with a room filled with people cooking meat you'd think that would be a priority) with no music or atmosphere. My party was greeted with an awkward 'oh, we weren't expecting you' and the lady disappeared to get the manager - Good start...
We were sat down and brought drinks by a very friendly waitress and shown the exotic menu which I was so excited to enjoy on my birthday!!
However, the manager walks out and refuses my voucher as he claimed it was not booked according to the fine print. Despite my discussing with him the parameters of his fine print and telling him I had clearly adhered to them he wouldn't accept it, called me a liar and left it at 'i will be charging you at full price this evening' >> WHAT ATROCIOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE! Really, what a way to treat someone on their birthday as well. The manager was completely resolute and at no stage would empathise or compromise. So my party left. He didn't enjoy it when I said: 'you clearly run the voucher offer to promote your business and this is how you treat people?' To which he replied, 'I get over 100 bookings a day!!!' (The restaurant was half empty)- He made a scene and I was embarrassed for him.
Luckily a few doors down was the most wonderful Indian restaurant called The Monsoon where my night was salvaged. They made my night exceptionally memorable and ensured the birthday girl was topped up with a free drink :P
I would never ever step foot in Steakhouse again and I am lucky Groupon were so understanding about refunding my voucher.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

The concept of the meal was excellent, with extreme choices of steak that we would never have considered before. The waitresses couldn't have done more for us and we thoroughly enjoyed the very hot experience. The only negative was that there wasn't enough room on the table for the platters and plates. The waitresses even put a candle in my husband's dessert for his birthday. Nothing was too much trouble. There were 9 of us in the party with 3 vegetarians. We will definitely go back. We had a Tastecard which saved us over £90! Really lovely evening. Well done.

1  Thank Jennifer M
Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

After being disrespectfully spoken to on the booking of my meal, I still decided to continue and visit the place- which I wish I didn't.
The staff are completely rude, we were treated like vermin from the moment we arrived. I am not one to leave negative reviews, look st my record I only use trip advisor to celebrate brilliant experiences but I cannot allow this place to steal people's money.
The food was frozen (everything down to the meat) and nothing tasted the slightest bit fresh.
Everything was overpriced and we were the only people in the restaurant on a Friday night! Says a lot for the place really. Took a while for me to find this place as its actually called STEAKHOUSE. But be warned. Not a nice thing to say about the place. I agree with all the previous reviews. My evening was ruined 80% just from the way the staff spoke to me and my partner. I would definitely not visit again even if it was free. There Are much nicer and cheaper places to eat in Watford without the risk of being treated like dirt. I don't know how they are still in business, by the looks of things they won't be for long. Awful.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

In New Zealand I came across the concept of hot stone steaks and had the moat wonderful dining experience. So when I.came across an offer for Steakhouse I was really excited to tale my boyfriend there.
Firstly the decor is awful. Very dark and unpleasant.
Secondly the food was served on hot stones that were far to hot. They've invested in the concept but not learnt to do it properly. My steak had burnt on one side when it was served, I took it off the stone as directed and tried to enjoy the rest but each piece of mine and my.boyfriends steak stuck and burnt to the stone. I like my steak rare so it wasn't like I was over cooking it. I highlighted this to the waitress and she was useless. Told me to cut the burnt bit off.
We ate the meal as we were very hungry and it was edible just not enjoyable. At the end the assistant manager came out and Iexplained my problem with the food. His response was, 'well no one else has ever said this complaint' not really the point,.most people probably just enjoyed the new experience whereas I am fortunate enough to have had this experience done properly.
I then explained I did not was to pay the supplement. He then threatened to call the police. Very unprofessional. I was disappointed by the food and the way our complaint was dealt with.