Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$117
View deal
eDreamsUS$117
PricelineUS$117
FindHotelUS$117
Agoda.comUS$117
TripadvisorUS$117
StayForLong
All reviews sunday carvery golf break golfing weekend driving range round of golf pro shop afternoon tea staff were lovely excellent value for money golfers cabin rounds accommodation fairways society veg bunker
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 May 2021

Greenkeepers get the right of way which in itself is crazy you would think the paying customer would. Then when I asked if this greenkeeper was going to follow us around her response was I'm here all day very smug! I was shocked by her attitude. On one hole I went too tee off mid back swing she started the mower right next too me then my uncle stepped up too tee off and would you believe on this par 3 hole knowing we are teeing off she just drives up too the green and starts driving all over it I was just in shock. When we finished the hole my uncle said bit of a f***ing joke this is. That's all that was said. Coming down the 18th hole at the end and there she was with 2 men. As we was walking off the manager said are you guys members. We responded that no we were visitors his response.. "your barred"! I tried too explain that if he actually seen what happened and what was said he would be speaking too his staff and not use but he spoke too us like dirt! Shocked and disgusted this is what paying customers might expect from the staff!! Also as far as the course goes it was bog average at very best and when we could of played the likes of bromsgrove and sapey for the same price range I'd advise people too stay well clear and head too the better alternatives!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Dan Lowe, General Manager at Calderfields Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2021

Thank you for the review. The debate about who gets priority on our golf course over green keepers and golfers has to be a bit of common sense and give and take from both parties. Whilst we do tell our green staff to be courteous and mindful of not spoiling a golfer's round, we must remember that without them, we wouldn't have a golf course to enjoy.
We do not tolerate any foul or abusive language towards any of our staff hence why you were asked to leave and unless your approach to our staff who are there to give an honest days work improves, you would not be welcome back.
The Green keeper in question is actually a young girl in training and her polite and friendly manner are traits that we are proud of.
I am sorry to hear that you find our golf course "bog average" and had you had a more positive experience I am sure you would have give it a better rating.

Reviewed 13 September 2020

Came here for a golf break, the woman who greeted us was very professional and very welcoming, we were not booked in but it never seemed a problem and we still teed of on time.
The course is a very long testing course with tree lined fairways and a couple of lakes that you need to get over,
The one complaint is that some of the bunkers are like concrete and you struggle getting the club under the ball, sort these out and it would be a fantastic course..
The evening meal and the breakfast were very good and a massive thanks to Akasha for her service.
Stayed in the outside cabins which are nice but very basic, no iron, no hairdryer, But does have coffee and tea and a great shower.

Room tip: Stayed in the outside cabins, nice but basic.
Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank Steve L
Dan Lowe, General Manager at Calderfields Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2021

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear you had a pleasant experience. With regards to your point about the bunkers, they were not receiving as much raking as they would under "Normal" circumstances as golfers were unable to multi handle bunker rakes due to covid rules. We do now, however, have a new green keeping team and far more attention has gone into bunker presentation.

Irons and hairdryers are available upon request from reception at all times.

We hope to see you back at Calderfields again very soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2020

Went for the new eat out to help out carvery. The tables were well distanced from each other (been for Sunday carvery pre lockdown and tables way way to close together). Drinks brought to table, prawn cocktail was superb, plenty of meat, veg however potatoes need to be crispier and gravy more seasoned. Pud was lovely too as were all the staff.
Fingers crossed we will be back soon for curry and quiz. However in regard to carvey and quiz if we ever get back to norm please can you limit numbers and not cram everybody in.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank Pongo1967
Dan Lowe, General Manager at Calderfields Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2020

Thank you for your balanced review. We are always open to feedback and take all comments onboard. With regards to the potatoes and gravy, we aim to meet all customers with a middle of the road approach as I am sure you can appreciate everyone has different tastes and opinions on how their Sunday roast should be served.

We thank you once again for your feedback and hoe to see you at our quiz and curry very soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2020

This would have been our first time playing at Calderfields . We booked a round of golf for 9.48 AM but we arrived at 9.51 AM . There was heavy traffic on the motorway the delay was unavoidable

So this guy appears with a clipboard very rudely saying we have missed our tee off times and we cant play. We explained about the motorway etc and we said there were people waiting to tee off anyway

We said we will Tee off after them which he finally agreed to.

However like i said this was our first time at Calderfields and we were not sure on the dress code and myself and my son were wearing smart dark jeans.

He noticed this and again very rudely said we cant play and we must have a refund.

The lad in the Club shop was really polite and helpful and the manger could do with taking a few lessons from him on how to treat people.

He really spoke down to us which is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank ChrisR7787

Dear Chris,

Thank you for the review. Having already replied to you on email I feel it is important I address this also as it is a public comment.
The golf manager you refer to is our course marshal. He is there to uphold the etiquette, dress code, pace of play, health & safety and general operations of the golf course.

I fully appreciate that traffic can cause people to be delayed and as i mentioned in my email, we would have happily moved your tee times back if your passenger had called ahead to notify us.

With regards to the dress code, all golf clubs who are not municipals hold a dress code. At Calderfields ours is actually very relaxed compared to some, but, we do still try to uphold standards. The golf shop is onsite for anyone who wishes to purchases a golf t-shirt or pair of trousers.

We hope to see you back at Calderfields again very soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2020 via mobile

On arrival there was a really welcoming greeting from the lady on reception, she was a delight. However, it was downhill from there after expecting something very different.

The room was nice and warm, but no soap in the bathroom and the TV reception was so bad you couldn’t watch it. I asked for an iron at 18:45, which didn’t show until 23:15, when someone woke me from my sleep knocking on the door - which was a shock in itself!

The lady at breakfast was helpful and efficient, but service doesn’t start until 8am, so if you’re looking for something to eat and an early dart, it isn’t possible here.

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank andrewcY327UF
Dan Lowe, General Manager at Calderfields Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2020

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear the staff gave you a pleasant welcome and since your review all of our hotel rooms have been looked at with regards to your comments. I have also passed on the concern about delivering an iron to our front of house manager so this can be improved on.

We hope you will use us again to allow us to rectify your experience.