Lowest prices for your stay
US$121
View deal
Hotels.com
US$121
View deal
eDreamsUS$121
PricelineUS$121
FindHotelUS$121
All reviews sunday carvery golf break round of golf from start to finish afternoon tea great value for money cabin venue meal testing bunker veg
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 July 2021

Went on a golf trip for the second time to Calderfields with a few mates at the start of July. Last visited in 2017 and the golf course hasn’t changed much. What I found most disappointing was the condition of the greens. It didn’t look like much work had gone into them. The course itself isn’t bad for society golf as the rough is generous and the fairways are really nice. With the boom since Covid, the 10 minute tee times aren’t great as there are alot of beginner golfers out on the course and the intervals really slow the rounds down with a back log on the fairways.

The biggest positive are the staff and how friendly they are around the facility. They are great and can’t do more for you.

Having been twice now, I would recommend a trip where you’re not just going for golf because if I’m honest, it’s not that exciting considering the volume of groups out on course, you’d expect a better standard. Brilliant if it’s a weekend away with your pals and you want friendly, happy environment

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 June 2021

I recently took my mom here for afternoon tea and I can highly recommend it, the staff were lovely, the chef was very accommodating and we had a great time. The food and cakes were delicious, offering a good variety and the chef had really gone the extra mile adding edible flowers on the cake stands that he had grown himself, it was nice to try them! The presentation was gorgeous and it was an ideal place for a good old natter over tea and cakes. It was also excellent value for money.

Date of stay: June 2021
1  Thank span27
Dan Lowe, General Manager at Calderfields Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2021

Thank you for your kind review. We are very proud of the food our kitchen team presents and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 14 May 2021

Greenkeepers get the right of way which in itself is crazy you would think the paying customer would. Then when I asked if this greenkeeper was going to follow us around her response was I'm here all day very smug! I was shocked by her attitude. On one hole I went too tee off mid back swing she started the mower right next too me then my uncle stepped up too tee off and would you believe on this par 3 hole knowing we are teeing off she just drives up too the green and starts driving all over it I was just in shock. When we finished the hole my uncle said bit of a f***ing joke this is. That's all that was said. Coming down the 18th hole at the end and there she was with 2 men. As we was walking off the manager said are you guys members. We responded that no we were visitors his response.. "your barred"! I tried too explain that if he actually seen what happened and what was said he would be speaking too his staff and not use but he spoke too us like dirt! Shocked and disgusted this is what paying customers might expect from the staff!! Also as far as the course goes it was bog average at very best and when we could of played the likes of bromsgrove and sapey for the same price range I'd advise people too stay well clear and head too the better alternatives!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for the review. The debate about who gets priority on our golf course over green keepers and golfers has to be a bit of common sense and give and take from both parties. Whilst we do tell our green staff to be courteous and mindful of not spoiling a golfer's round, we must remember that without them, we wouldn't have a golf course to enjoy.
We do not tolerate any foul or abusive language towards any of our staff hence why you were asked to leave and unless your approach to our staff who are there to give an honest days work improves, you would not be welcome back.
The Green keeper in question is actually a young girl in training and her polite and friendly manner are traits that we are proud of.
I am sorry to hear that you find our golf course "bog average" and had you had a more positive experience I am sure you would have give it a better rating.

Reviewed 13 September 2020

Came here for a golf break, the woman who greeted us was very professional and very welcoming, we were not booked in but it never seemed a problem and we still teed of on time.
The course is a very long testing course with tree lined fairways and a couple of lakes that you need to get over,
The one complaint is that some of the bunkers are like concrete and you struggle getting the club under the ball, sort these out and it would be a fantastic course..
The evening meal and the breakfast were very good and a massive thanks to Akasha for her service.
Stayed in the outside cabins which are nice but very basic, no iron, no hairdryer, But does have coffee and tea and a great shower.

Room tip: Stayed in the outside cabins, nice but basic.
Date of stay: September 2020
1  Thank Steve L
Dan Lowe, General Manager at Calderfields Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2021

Dear Steve,

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to hear you had a pleasant experience. With regards to your point about the bunkers, they were not receiving as much raking as they would under "Normal" circumstances as golfers were unable to multi handle bunker rakes due to covid rules. We do now, however, have a new green keeping team and far more attention has gone into bunker presentation.

Irons and hairdryers are available upon request from reception at all times.

We hope to see you back at Calderfields again very soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2020

Went for the new eat out to help out carvery. The tables were well distanced from each other (been for Sunday carvery pre lockdown and tables way way to close together). Drinks brought to table, prawn cocktail was superb, plenty of meat, veg however potatoes need to be crispier and gravy more seasoned. Pud was lovely too as were all the staff.
Fingers crossed we will be back soon for curry and quiz. However in regard to carvey and quiz if we ever get back to norm please can you limit numbers and not cram everybody in.

Date of stay: August 2020
2  Thank Pongo1967
Dan Lowe, General Manager at Calderfields Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2020

Thank you for your balanced review. We are always open to feedback and take all comments onboard. With regards to the potatoes and gravy, we aim to meet all customers with a middle of the road approach as I am sure you can appreciate everyone has different tastes and opinions on how their Sunday roast should be served.

We thank you once again for your feedback and hoe to see you at our quiz and curry very soon.