“Disappointed”

Ranked #26 of 68 Quick Bites in Solihull
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: British, Grill, Brew Pub
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Was made to feel 2nd class by very abrupt blonde woman who met us at door. This member of staff did not wear a face mask even though she was continually marching around the pub - a proper jobsworth ! We did not have appropriate device with us so was therefore unable to download the app. We were told we would therefore have to wait longer for our food as customers with the app get served first ! This seems very unfair. We were paying by cash but our order could not be accepted until we registered a card. What is the reason for this ? We were more than happy to pay upfront as per preCovid days ! All other members of staff were very courteous & professional.

Date of visit: July 2021
General Manager A, Manager at The Colebrook, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Q4006puannetteh,
we regret to hear that you are displeased with your recent experience with us.
A lot has changed over the past year and at the door we always inform the guests with current Government guidelines that we must adhere too.
There are management and some of the team that do not wear masks but will be wearing a bright visible exempt lanyard and badge.
We are always honest setting guests expectations on letting them know on arrival that you still are not able to Order at the Bar but that Ordering at your Table on the App is the quickest most efficient way to order, but if you haven't got the App or able to download it then we can take your order from the table but this will be in turn of App orders already waiting and table orders already waiting to be served. This ensures guests are served in order.
Yes guests can pay cash if they wish at the end of the bill. The reason we start a tab for any table orders is so if a guest would like to add any other further drinks, coffees or desserts than this is best way for the team so they are not going back and forth, this reduces visits to the table and this is all for the safety of the guests and team.
We would like the opportunity to address your concerns. Please reach out to us directly at 0121 744 6871 when you have a chance. Thank you, and we look forward to hearing from you.
Shivaun McCormack

Write a reviewReviews (155)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a horrid experience!
I visit an Ember Inn around the Solihull, Sutton Coldfield and Birmingham once a week, they are usually fabulous.
Unfortunately, today at the Colebrook very different.
The welcome today was not, very curt, abrupt greeting and because today I hadn't the app available informed you shall have to wait I have 9 tables awaiting service.
As this pub several years ago was my local I had a good look around and I counted 6 tables occupied.
Taking the order wasn't any better.
My elderly father and I couldn't wait to leave.
We finished our meal, jumped into the car and finished further drinks, desserts and coffee up the road at the Woodman.
We all have off days but surprised the staff member who clearly needs to go on a customer service course was the Manager
When leaving two young men were waiting to be seated and their welcome too was awful.
The one chap raised his eyebrows to me and mouthed "nice" so I know it wasn't just me.
Our trip was so disappointing.
Next month 8 of us were going to book for an evening meal.
Needless to say our hard earned cash shall be spent elsewhere.

Date of visit: July 2021
1  Thank K6066LQmariam

Hi Maria
We are disappointed to hear that you were not satisfied with your visit. it's upsetting to hear that you did not receive the top-notch service we strive to provide.
A lot has changed over the past yer and a half and at the door we always inform the guests with current Government guidelines that we must adhere too.
We are always honest setting guests expectations on letting them know on arrival at the door that you still are not able to Order at the Bar but that Ordering at your Table on the App is the quickest most efficient way to order, but if you haven't got the App or able to download it then we can take your order from the table but this will be in turn of App orders already waiting and table orders already waiting to be served.
Shivaun McCormack

Reviewed 31 May 2021

Hats off to the staff for the top service provided. So pleased to be out with friends in the sunshine and enjoying some good food. Not being technology savy I at first struggled with the app but the staff had the patience and time to guide me through it whilst laughing. In fact after I'd mastered it I quite enjoyed the table service. Take a bow the Colebrook team and its management in these testing times.

Date of visit: May 2021
General Manager A, Manager at The Colebrook, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2021

Hi Mr T Maoine-Bloxham
Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day! your wonderful feedback and rating mean a lot to us.
Hope to see you again soon
Shivaun and the team.

Reviewed 27 May 2021

I went for a family lunch with my elderly parents, we were met at the door by a very attentive staff member who bent over backwards to make sure that everything was right after I mentioned my mother's illness. The food was very good, the portion sizes were just right and all staff were excellent.

Date of visit: May 2021
General Manager A, Manager at The Colebrook, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2021

Hi Peter
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a lovely review.
reviews like this give us motivation and help us ensure we provide high-quality care.
Hope to see you all again soon
Shivaun and the team

Reviewed 20 May 2021 via mobile

Disappointed to read dog friendly pub on website to arrive and be told we can only sit outside! Cold wet and windy, outside seating areas over looking a busy road. So decided to leave without ordering

Date of visit: May 2021

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will use your comments to refine our efforts to ensure this issue does not happen again.
Shivaun and the team