All reviews gift voucher afternoon tea four poster bed birthday party town centre full english both mornings lovely room short break stayed for one night venue
Reviewed 28 December 2017

We visited the Episode Hotel at the end of October, welcomed warmly on arrival by the friendly receptionist. A great time was had by us the only downside is there was a party and we were on the ground floor more or less next to the room where it was being held so not much sleep, I wish we had been forewarned I would have bought some ear plugs:).The breakfast was good and we also had afternoon tea. We would definitely visit the Hotel again and the staff are an absolute credit to the place. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
123Fergy, Owner at Episode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I hope the party revellers did not spoil your stay too much. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

We stayed for one night on our way to Telford.
Breakfast was included and had a lovely meal in the restaurant.Lemington Spa was beautiful and hotel about 5 minutes walk away great value for money.would definetley stay there again

Room Tip: Lot of stairs choose a room near ground floor
Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for the pleasant comments. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

I visited this hotel for Christmas lunch a few years ago. It wasn't great but I was persuaded to visit again this year. This year will definitely be the last.

We were a family of 6 plus one child. The seating to the main dining room and annexes was crammed, as was to be expected. The cost of Christmas lunch was £72.95, probably top end of Christmas lunch prices. The 3 young ladies waiting were polite enough, although they couldn't be described as attentive, probably due to the ratio of 3 girls to lots of tables full of diners.

What wasn't to be expected was the shockingly poor standard of food. A Christmas lunch is a fairly inexpensive meal to reproduce, particularly for £72.95 a plate. However, Episode seem to make an art form out of poor quality at a premium price.

I would describe my turkey as 'almost a slice'. I have to say that I normally hate brussel sprouts - luckily the 3 on my plate were so small and burnt that I only ate them out of curiosity - I thought they may be peas! One of the cheap staples of a roast lunch is roast potatoes. Load a plate with a few of those and it can forgive a multitude of sins. Well I had what I would call 'roast potato shavings'. You really couldn't cut a piece of potato as small as the burnt shaving that I had and I had a few of them but in total, they wouldn't have made half of a decent sized potato. Add to that an inedible white chocolate panacotta type thing for desert, topped with burnt things and you have a truly shockingly poor and disappointing Christmas lunch.

Do yourself a favour and avoid this establishment. From a food perspective, it is run by amateurs who probably think their standards are ok but are in fact truly shocking.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 413JimS
123Fergy, Owner at Episode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Thank you for giving us feedback from your Christmas day lunch. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations and as a team we will look into your concerns.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We received a very warm welcome. The large room was spotlessly clean as indeed was the bathroom, we had a very comfortable large bed and I can honestly say we have never had such large pure white and soft towels anywhere we have ever stayed. The room was also well equipped with what some people would call essentials tea tray with a good choice drinks, Iron, ironing board, fan, trouser press, hair drier etc. The bed was large and very comfortable. The evening meals were delicious and the 2 young gentlemen who attended to us are a credit to the hotel, they could not have been more helpful. There was good choice for breakfast and it was most enjoyable, the two young ladies were welcoming and delightful.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
123Fergy, Owner at Episode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2017

Thank you for your kind words regarding your stay with us. It is always pleasing to get such positive comments especially regarding staff service. We look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel with friendly helpful staff. Nothing is too much trouble and a taxi was called for us within 5 minutes. It is in a good central position - 10-15 mins walk to the main shopping centre, Jefferson Gardens, Town Hall and The Pump rooms. Car parking is available on site. Breakfast is served in a nice light room, with hot breakfast cooked to order.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
123Fergy, Owner at Episode Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay experience with us. We always appreciate feedback. The location of the hotel is very often mentioned in a positive way. We look forward to seeing you again