All reviews warmsworth hall swimming pool leisure facilities executive room main building bar menu steam room national holidays wedding party self service the air conditioning evening meal buffet style salmon family room plenty of parking double bed
Reviewed 30 May 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on 26th may 17 as a family of 4. This was the worst nights sleep we have ever experienced. We stayed in room 301 on a very hot day. We went to a family party in the evening and returned around 2am. Our room was extremely hot, my husband put the air con on which was making a noise but would not work. So we decided to open the window to discover it would only open about 15-20cm. The put up bed had been put up in front of the window and directly outside was the air con units that supplied the building. The fans from these large units was pumping hot air into the small opening. It was awful, I had two very grumpy tired young children. We felt like we was in a sauna. End the end we resorted to wedging our bedroom door open with a chair just so that we could breath. I complained the next day to the receptionist who just apologised.

The grounds are nice and the breakfast was lovely but our stay was truly spoiled by the lack of ventilation in our room. We definitely will not be returning.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2017

Dear robyn c,

Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. I am glad to know you liked the breakfast we offer. Please allow me to apologize for the experience you had with the room you received due to the lack of ventilation. I understand the discomfort this has caused you. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain some additional details. Thank you for staying and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 28 May 2017

Stopped here overnight while travelling the length of the UK, what a really nice hotel. Good condition, great rooms, comfy beds, tabby food and lovely bar area. Value for money for sure! Well worth a visit for a stopover

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
HolidayInnA1MJ36, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Dear Mandy F,
Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay you feedback is important to us. I will ensure that your comments are shared with the team and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

This hotel is a bit disjointed, parts of the hotel are linked by glass corridors, which is fine, just a bit weird. The staff are what hold this place together. I saw guests being down right rude to the bar staff and he was very professional and just sorted the guy, well done the bar staff on duty weekend of the 20th May. There wasn't much hot water for a shower in the morning. The ground floor room we were in was a little bit tired looking, water marks on the ceiling. One of the single beds was up against the glass window which is to the floor so I imagine it will be cold in winter time, and not good if you are arachnophobic like me. The bar isn't over priced either which is always a plus.

Room Tip: There is an access room but I'm not sure you would get a wheelchair into the wetroom due to the sink.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family

Dear jfenney2016,
Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent, we value all feedback that we receive. I will ensure that your comments are shared with the team so that we can continue to improve the service that we offer. We do have an on going refurbishment plan and all rooms will be updated as part of this. We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel.

Kidn Regards

Reviewed 25 May 2017

Easy to find (literally just off Junction 36 of the A1M) with plenty of secure parking. We went as part of a package for a wedding; so price was very reasonable. The food was fabulous, the rooms clean and comfortable, the internet worked fine in our room (241) and the service from every single member of staff was first class. There is also a pool and fitness room available for all guests.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
HolidayInnA1MJ36, Revenue Manager at Holiday Inn Doncaster A1(M), Jct. 36, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2017

Dear 87pmj,
Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay, your feedback is important to us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the service that you received, I will ensure that this is shared with all the team.
We hope to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 May 2017

The aircon didnt work. The internet didnt work. There's no lift to the rooms. There's no power socket anywhere near the bed in 249. The check in lady was friendly. That's really all the positives there are. I would not recommend anyone stay in this hotel over the summer. Like many people whose home is in a hot country, I have an innate sense of room temperatures based on using aircon around 10 months of the year in my own house. This room at the Holiday Inn Doncaster, even with the "aircon'" going full blast, could not have dipped below 28 degrees. The worst night's sleep I've had in months ... and I've worked in one war zone and spent a night in jail in Central America since Christmas.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled on business

Dear WanderingHK,
Thank-you for taking the time to review your recent stay, all feedback that we receive is important and we use it to improve the service that we offer. I understand that you did report the air conditioning issue to the reception team and we have had the engineer out to ensure that it is working correctly. We do have a lift in the annex however unfortunately we do not have one in the main building this is something that we are looking into as part of the refurbishment plans.
Should you wish to discuss your stay further please do contact me directly at the Hotel.