Grand St Leger Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Regent Hotel(Doncaster)
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
All reviewsjacuzzi bathdeluxe roomour wedding anniversarywould stay here againcooked to perfectionfull englishfour poster bedtea and coffeebusiness tripfollowing morninga lovely staydoncaster race coursean upgradedoncaster town centrestayed for one nightexcellent value for moneyevening meal
Reviewed 13 February 2017

My husband and I arrived at hotel we thought it looked a bit run down from the outside, but when we went in it was lovely all done to a high standard , nice bar lovely staff , room very nice was a bit cold at first radiator was on but they had put a blow heater in room too which we put on and soon warmed up , I do think it was has windows were old and not double glazed but was warm and cosy with blow heater on so no problem, breakfast very nice good choice would go back and stay at this hotel

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank largie1
Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

Took my girlfriend for a birthday meal.

After tens minutes of picking what to eat we were then told they didn't have certain things on the menu. This resulted in us not ordering a starter.

We did order chicken skewers only to be told they ran out of hot sauce also.

The mains we did order were nice, ordered the tiger prawns due to the half price offer but if I had ordered the meal at full price I would of been disappointed. We did not receive a side plate for all the scales or a water bowl to clean out fingers. This resulted in us using every napkin and the dish from the chips to empty our food waste.

They had also ran out of english and French mustard.

In short the food was okay but I won't be visiting again or recommending to any friends or family.

As for the hot sauce and mustard I'm sure they could of popped to the 24 hour asda two minutes down the road which would of took away the embarrassment of popping out from the kitchen every 5 minutes to tell customers they didn't have it.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2017 via mobile

Being from Doncaster originally myself, I picked this hotel due to its location and also because it used to have a good reputation.
When we arrived at the hotel there was no one on the reception (infant there was no around at all) and we were left waiting to checking in for some time.
When we were finally given out key we went up to our room to find it very small and in desperate need of maintenance work.
There was damp/mould growing in the top corner of the bedroom and the place could do with a deep clean.
As for the bathroom the bath was broken, the shower was just a trickle and the toilet was basically mounted (side) against the wall making it really awkward to sit on.
See the pictures for more detail

When it came to checking out once again we were left waiting as there were no staff around....
I'd only recommend this hotel for people wanting cheap, low standard rooms and definitely not for more than one night.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 December 2016

This place has had a fair number of negative comments, in my opinion undeserved as I found it excellent value for money, quiet and perfect for my needs. Large room, excellent modern bathroom, comfy bed, toiletries, clean linen, bottled water and biscuits and free internet. Free parking on-site. "What's not to like" as they say.
I was facing the rear of the property so didn't need the free earplugs provided, but I had specified my requirements at the time of booking and I git exactly what I wanted. Not all hotels will be so accommodating!
No breakfast or evening meal for me (as usual) so can'y comment on the Crab and Moo!
For those detractors who say they will never return, maybe they should come back when the planned development work is complete.
The only downsides were the squeaky floors - sorry if your room was below mine, and no teaspoon!

Room Tip: Find a room which does not face the road and ask about disabled access for the old parts of the building in case you need assistance.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 November 2016 via mobile

On arriving at the hotel there had been a mix up (our end) with the booking and the staff were more than happy to help rectify and upgrade us to a modernised double. Spacious room with an inviting (sadly unused) spa bath. Some road noise but for a single night not a problem.

Breakfast was good, staff fantastic and interesting to see the local history in the artwork in the dining area.

Good location for our needs if a little busy. Would stay again if ever in Doncaster.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family