Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
1,450 results
All reviews afternoon tea classic lodges sandwiches drawing room deluxe room relaxing break lovely hotel breakfast and dinner four poster bed course dinner cream tea the main house a real treat night break log fire both nights short break
Selected filters
Reviewed 25 April 2022

an excellent weekend at Charingworth. All staff are very efficient.
We would recommend the hot tub rooms, and they clean the hot tub and room daily.
Food was excellent. Breakfast one of the best we have had. Excellent afternoon tea, but you do have to pre book this in advance.

Room tip: hot tub room
Date of stay: April 2022
Anna Asimakopoulou, General Manager at Charingworth Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2022

Dear Jmitchell591

Thank you so much for your kind comments.
I am very happy to see that you had a great stay with us.

Reviewed 20 April 2022

Visited (without having booked) this afternoon, hoping for a cup of tea in the gentle spring sunshine with my sister and Dad.

We explained that it was his 89th birthday today and we had just come from our cousin's funeral.

My Dad had wanted to bring us here as it was the last hotel he stayed at with my Mum, before she passed away 18 months ago.

We explained all of the above and apologised for not booking and that we were only after 3 cups of tea!

We were politely but firmly refused and told we were welcome to walk in the grounds but asked to vacate the table although less than half of the tables in the garden were occupied and staff appeared relaxed and none too busy.

So sad and I think that my Dad was embarrassed for having brought us there.

I'm afraid none of us will be returning.

Date of stay: April 2022
Anna Asimakopoulou, General Manager at Charingworth Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2022

Dear NFJon

We were sorry to hear about your loss and very saddened to see your comments.

We explained politely at the reception that you will need to pre book for Afternoon Teas and that you were welcome to walk in the grounds.

I am sorry but the garden was full with residents at the time you were there and our colleagues explained to you that the tables were reserved for a family who had a birthday.

I hope you can appreciate that we are unable to give out reserved tables.

I am sorry that your Dad felt embarrassed but we do not feel that we did anything to embarrass anyone, just stated in a courteous manner that we couldn't accommodate you and the reasons why.

Reviewed 13 April 2022 via mobile

Olly went above and beyond to make us feel welcome and comfortable during our stay. I genuinely cannot say enough good things about the staff and service. We had an amazing stay, thank you very much !

Trip type: Travelled with family
Anna Asimakopoulou, General Manager at Charingworth Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2022

Dear annasC4109UT

Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted to read that you had an amazing stay with us.

Reviewed 12 April 2022

We enjoyed a wonderful weekend at Charingworth Manor for my mum’s 80th birthday celebration. Accommodation and food were excellent, and Olly in particular went above and beyond to ensure we had the best time.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Anna Asimakopoulou, General Manager at Charingworth Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2022

Dear rach_spence1975

I am very happy to see that your mum's 80th birthday was a success and our team looked after you so well.

Reviewed 12 April 2022

We have just had a 2 night break here and what a lovely comfortable hotel with their main asset being their polite, friendly, helpful staff, mind you the food is pretty special too. Just one downside to our trip due to our misunderstanding maybe. We had booked the Ebrington Suite as a treat and at first look it was everything it had promised but at second look, despite their website stating that the suite had a bath and a shower, there was no shower. This is why I called this review what I did because when I say there was no shower there was a hand held shower attachment on the taps but no shower bracket and no shower curtain so not what we were expecting. My husband went down to reception to see if they had any other rooms with a shower and they were able to let us have the room underneath, which did have a bath and a shower but unfortunately was not a suite. It was a nice comfortable room and was adequate for our needs and we had a lovely time. Thank you.

Dear thesharps2009

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to offer you an alternative room with a separate shower.