7 people are viewing this hotel
US$261
Free cancellation until 07/07/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$210
Hotels.comUS$210
Trip.comUS$210
TravelocityUS$210
1,440 results
All reviews afternoon tea classic lodges sandwiches drawing room deluxe room relaxing break lovely hotel four poster bed course dinner cream tea the main house a real treat night break log fire both nights short break stayed for one night
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 May 2022

It takes a lot for me to write a review, but this place - along with its staff - absolutely deserve the recognition.

I wanted to take my partner away for a one night dinner, bed and breakfast spa break for his birthday. I myself had been bought a voucher for a Deluxe Afternoon Tea at Charingworth Manor for my birthday 6 months earlier, which I hadn't yet redeemed.

I called the hotel to enquire about booking a night's stay and asked if I could make use of my voucher at the same time. I thought it'd be nice to arrive early and have an afternoon tea before checking-in for our overnight break.

The receptionist sorted it all and our stay was ultimately faultless.

The customer service experience at this hotel is second-to-none. We were greeted on arrival by a professional member of staff who asked if we would like to check in first, or have the afternoon tea first. We chose to have the afternoon tea first as we thought it'd be a good idea to have it early ...to allow room for dinner!

We were shown into one of the lounges and were allowed to choose where we'd like to sit. It was lovely and peaceful as there was only one other couple in there at this early time of 1pm. We were handed the menu and asked what we would like to drink. The same member of staff then lit the open fire. It was warm, peaceful and cosy. Honestly, it was such a treat!

The afternoon tea was divine. Sandwiches, fruit scones with jam and clotted cream and chocolate brownies. The rhubarb and custard tarts and passionfruit pannacottas being particular favourites ...all washed down with lots of tea and coffee. We were full!!

We then checked into our room. Due to an oversight, our allocated room wasn't quite ready, so we were put in a nearby room called the Turner room instead. No complaints here, the room was amazing.

From there, we got our cozzies and went down to the leisure area. This is, without a doubt one of the nicest pools I've been to. The pool area is beautiful. It's a bit like an infinity pool and the tiling makes the water look lovely and blue. The pool itself is kidney shaped and the temperature was PERFECT. We stayed in there for over an hour and a half!

After our swim we went back to the room to relax a bit before dinner. Again, the dinner was faultless. The food was divine. 3 beautiful courses, lovely wine, lovely service followed by tea/coffee with petit fours which you can take at your table or in one of the lounges.

After dinner, we went for a little evening stroll around the grounds. It was so peaceful - you've never heard so much bird song.

After a great night's sleep (the bed was huge) we made our way to the restaurant for breakfast. At this point, it became clear how busy the hotel was. The restaurant was full.

Breakfast was where the abilities of the staff really shone. They had such a lot to do ...and yet they did everything quickly, efficiently and politley, not once showing how stressed and rushed off their feet they must've felt. I honestly cannot fault the staff. They are a credit to the company. I heard similar compliments coming from other tables too.

Breakfast was delicious with a cold buffet table and hot food cooked to order. You could even have little non-alcoholic fruit juice cocktails. Pastries, homemade muesli, fruit, meat and cheese selection and croissants ...followed by a hot full english, eggs benedict or scrambled eggs with salmon. The choice was vast and there was something for everyone.

I must admit, because it was a busy bank holiday morning, the buffet selection did run out occasionally. Because the staff were so rushed off their feet with a full restaurant, the buffet area wasn't perhaps being topped up as readily as it should have been ...BUT, you only had to ask and they brought it.

My only criticism (and it's not really a criticism) is the hot water situation. In the 21st Century, most of us are familiar combi-boilers and hot water systems that 'flash heat' the water on-demand. Well, at first I thought there was no hot water. It just takes a really long time for the hot water to come through ...it is there, trust me ...it just takes a while.

Maybe our room was a fair distance from the boiler, but I felt like I was wasting such a lot of water, waiting for 'heat'. You needed to turn the shower on and leave it running for literally 5 minutes or more before you're ready to shower. Once the hot water had got to you, it was fine! I wouldn't have even mentioned this if I hadn't heard another woman mention it at dinner, so it wasn't just us.

Going forward, I'd simply recommend that the hotel perhaps put a little sign in the rooms explaining that guests need to leave the water running for a while before hot water comes through ...or at least mention it at check-in.

To conclude, Charingworth Manor Hotel is a hidden gem. I would recommend it in a heartbeat. We've done loads of one night dinner, bed and breakfast leisure breaks and I can truly say that this was one of the best.

Credit where credit's due! We had a really great time and will DEFINITELY be returning soon.

Date of stay: May 2022
Anna Asimakopoulou, General Manager at Charingworth Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2022

Dear MartinMidz

I am thrilled to read that you and your partner had such a special time in our company, and that you enjoyed your experience with us, from the warm welcome on arrival, to your afternoon tea, to your bedroom and of course the great time you had in our outlets.

I trust our team members will be as delighted as I am, to read your comments praising their hospitality skills and I would to thank you for taking the time to share this brilliant feedback with us.

Reviewed 27 April 2022

A lovely welcome again! Same lovely room, same lovely food. A small, friendly and efficient team led FROM THE FRONT by Anna. No place to hide here! Every request was met with positive response to meet our requirements.
This is a gentle old manor house with modern facilities added on, and sitting in its own grounds and with extensive views. Perfect place to enjoy a G & T in the quiet of the evening. We go out of our way to stay here.

Date of stay: April 2022
Anna Asimakopoulou, General Manager at Charingworth Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2022

Dear Chris B

We are truly grateful for your loyalty and its always a real pleasure for us to welcome you to our Charingworth Manor family stay after stay.

I know my team will join me, in thanking you for highlighting their wonderful hospitality as such - it truly means a lot.

Reviewed 26 April 2022

We had a special 2 night deal, including 3 course dinner and breakfast, along with a complimentary bottle of bubbly. The hotel was charming. Comfy sitting rooms and lovely garden to relax. Our room was spacious and very comfortable. The shower was great and the views gorgeous. We ate in the restaurant both nights and enjoyed the food (not sure about coffee creme brûlée). The menu was varied, with plenty of choice. Breakfast was very good. I particularly enjoyed the eggs benedict. The staff went out of their way to help and make your stay special

Room tip: Room facing the garden had lovely views
Date of stay: April 2022
Anna Asimakopoulou, General Manager at Charingworth Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2022

Dear Batsonl

Thank you so much for your comments.
I am delighted to see that you appreciated our team's efforts and you were happy with our product and service.

Reviewed 25 April 2022

Superb weekend stay! The staff are the friendliest you could find anywhere. Room was excellent, cleaning was done to a high standard, facilities are top notch. The food was excellent, the hot tub was on another level! Beautiful historic place to stay and well worth the money. The health and safety was very detailed around the hotel and you can see how much care and attention is put into the hotel through all the little details. These people really care about their customers. Having travelled and stayed a lot around the cotswolds this has to be one of the best establishments we have stayed in.

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Anna Asimakopoulou, General Manager at Charingworth Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2022

Dear gmitch63

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments following your recent stay with us.
It is really lovely to hear how much you enjoyed our facilities and the warm hospitality from our team members.

We all truly look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 April 2022

an excellent weekend at Charingworth. All staff are very efficient.
We would recommend the hot tub rooms, and they clean the hot tub and room daily.
Food was excellent. Breakfast one of the best we have had. Excellent afternoon tea, but you do have to pre book this in advance.

Room tip: hot tub room

Dear Jmitchell591

Thank you so much for your kind comments.
I am very happy to see that you had a great stay with us.