“Well established Greek restaurant in Cotswolds”

Michael's Mediterranean Restaurant
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 September 2017

My wife and I were visiting the Cotswolds and I looked up recommended restaurants before our arrival, and as we both love Greek food, I booked a table at Michaels in advance. When we arrived at our accommodation, I told the host where we were about to dine and he immediately stated that we would be very satisfied with our choice! How right he was, we ordered the Mezedakia for starters and could not believe the number of dishes that appeared, all of which we attacked with gusto. Big mistake, as we then realised that when our mains arrived we were already well satisfied. I ordered Kleftiko, which was beautifully cooked, but unfortunately I could only manage to eat half !. My wife had ordered one of the days specials and also struggled. The food was excellent and the service first class and friendly. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone visiting Chipping Campden.

1  Thank CheshireRoyce

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Two of us visited this lovely restaurant and had an excellent meal. The menu is extensive and there were also lots of specials. The specials aren't written down anywhere and the waitress didn't mention them until she came to take our order, it would have been nice to know about them in advance so that we could have more time deciding whether to change our original choices or not. However, we really enjoyed what we did have (scallops and calamari followed by sea bass jardiniere) the portions are huge, some people's plates seemed to have more chips than I could eat in a week on them!

The owner of the restaurant came to everyone's tables for a chat at the end of the evening which was nice and all the waitresses were delightful. The restaurant was full and there was a really friendly but professional atmosphere. It definitely felt like a good quality restaurant, well above average. We had a lovely evening.

3  Thank Jane S
Reviewed 11 September 2017

No ifs, no buts, just make sure that when you are visiting Chipping Campden have a meal at this restaurant. You will not be disappointed. Excellent choice of menu, excellent attentive and pleasant staff compliment the wonderful food that is served. In my opinion should be number 1.

2  Thank Brummievp
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

4 of us for dinner. No complaints- food and service was good. Would recommend if you're in Chipping Campden.

1  Thank rbdglj
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Food was delicious and despite being one server short, service was friendly and efficient. Sardines were filleted which is most unusual and added to the enjoyment of the meal. I highly recommend a visit to this restaurant even if you have to drive some distance.. reservation is essential

1  Thank Keepongoing