4 people are viewing this hotel
US$252
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$280
Free cancellation until 19/08/22
Trip.com
US$221
Hotels.comUS$280
PricelineUS$252
TravelocityUS$280
1,529 results
All reviews fig restaurant junior suite hot tub suite small pool cottage room huge bath private garden no lift high street special occasion fine dining sister hotel afternoon tea birthday treat relaxing break following morning evening meal
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 June 2022

My husband and I went for Afternoon Tea at the Cotswold House Hotel and were both very impressed by both the friendly and professional staff serving us and the wonderful array of sandwiches and desserts we were presented with. Great selection of loose leaf tea too. All served in a beautiful room with lovely tinkly piano music being played in the background. We can honestly say that it was one of the best Afternoon Tea experiences we have ever had - and we have had a fair few to say the least. Thank you Cotswold House Hotel and please keep up the great customer service

Reviewed 10 June 2022

We've stayed at this hotel before, and it was a nice experience, so we booked it again for 2 nights. The booking was made well in advance, and we booked an extra bed for our 3 year old son. There was a stage set up literally outside our bedroom window, and live music which went on until after midnight, making sleep impossible. They must have known this was going to happen, but they gave us 24 hours notice, far too late to book anywhere else. I appreciate they can't control what happens in the street, but to allow us to go ahead with the booking, for a family with a small child, when sleep was going to be impossible until after midnight was unforgivable.

I started using this hotel mainly because it had an electric vehicle charger. However, 2 of the 3 chargers were out of service, and the car park is too small for all the guests cars when the hotel is full, so I couldn't even park in the car park itself for some of the time.

The showers run hot and cold at random. I think service everywhere has become a bit hit and miss since Brexit/Covid, and this hotel is certainly no exception.

Fortunately EV chargers are becoming more common now, so I have more choice of hotel. I won't be staying at this one again.

Date of stay: June 2022
Craig Webb, General Manager at Cotswold House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2022

Dear Tony

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review after your return visit to us.

I am sorry you were disturbed by the annual town event.

I have checked our system and we emailed you 1 week before the event once we knew about the event, its finalised timings and road closure details. We then sent a reminder email to the same email address 1 day before your stay. It seems you received one and not the other.

Dear reader

The event in question is from a tradition going back over 410 years called Dovers Games and Scuttlebrook Wake.
Dovers Games is akin to the Highland Games and held on Dovers Hill just outside Chipping Campden.
It ends with a candlelit procession from the hill to the town square where there is live music from 10 pm to midnight. The celebrations continue as Scuttlebrook Wake all weekend with a fair, morris dancing and much more.

Reviewed 7 June 2022 via mobile

What a fantastic couple of days we had. Beautiful setting and gardens, lots going on weddings every day, wonderful food for breakfast and dinner and fantastic staff doing a great job in a really splendid way.

Couldn’t fault any part of our stay both in Cotswolds House and Chipping Camden. Thank You!!

Room tip: Stay an extra day
Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Baylo1
Reviewed 2 June 2022

Chipping Campden is worth a visit but not in their old hotels Those people with even slight walking problems will find this hotel impossible to enjoy. Difficulties were---
The ground floor room was black with several steep steps to negotiate.
The car park and Fitness Centre were 200 yds up a steep garden path.
The hotel's main entrance was stepped.
Unable to park outside the hotel. During our introduction we gathered that there was no lounge or dining room available-- we were offered our expensive meal?? in a dreadful bar.
We can not comment on service or food as we canceled following the Managers involvement.

Room tip: .Ground floor room unsuitable for disabled, although en-suite is excellent.
Date of stay: May 2022
Craig Webb, General Manager at Cotswold House Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2022

There is so much I could say about the inaccuracies here, and the vengeance you seek after all I did for you.

I will leave it that I am pleased you got home safely.

Kind Regards

Craig

Reviewed 28 May 2022

Lovely to come back again in a perfect junior suite room.
Lovely break and such friendly helpful staff.
So many, most of the names escape me. from reception who dashed off to buy me a paper to Will so nice and kind who we loved to chat up and Bart in the bar/restaurant.

NOTHING was too much trouble
Thanks
Andrew and Wendy

Room tip: All the rooms are lovely. Garden view is best. Our junior suite went from front to back so best of all.
Date of stay: May 2022