“Fantastic vegetarian choice.”
Review of Amma's Canteen

Amma's Canteen
Reserve with OpenTable
Amma's Canteen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #57 of 2,389 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Description: Family run South Indian street food restaurant.
Description: Family run South Indian street food restaurant.
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We stumbled upon this small restaurant on our visit to Temple. We tried veg dishes like sambar vada,poracha vendaca, cauliflower and dimsum as starters and 3 do sas to share all are ace . next time we may try non veg items

3  Thank vineetha1403

Reviewed 10 September 2017

We had visited this lovely southern Indian street kitchen based on a couple of friends recommendation. We are glad we listened to our friends. We shared 6 street cart dishes and 2 dosas among 3 of us its really tasty food good portion sizes and good value for money.

2  Thank bijump
Reviewed 10 September 2017

Wow this place is awesome I love their Madras mussels order 2 more can't resist thinking of it. All other members of my family liked all what we ordered. Amma'canteen we are coming back soon.

2  Thank Balasubramanian M
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

Let me start this by saying that my husband loves their Chicken 65 so much that he gets quite emotional about it.

The food is wonderful. Incredibly tasty, perfectly spiced and good sized portions. I struggled to finish my meal and was sent home with the remainder of my dosa and extra sambar to make sure it was just as tasty the next day.

You need to go here soon.

2  Thank Clairemims
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I popped in on a saturday lunch time,after temple visit.We skipped our breakfast to make it on time to the temple,myself,my husband and two little kids were starving.We went for the sambar vada and masala dosa for us and plain dosai for the kids.What can i say?The flavours of the sambar n chutney combined with masala dosa were awesome.Yummy sambar vada and masala vadai from street cart,cant be left out.We live in urmston but don't mind travelling every time to pop int to the place to enjoy the dosas.To top it up was the desert golden plantain

4  Thank Durga A