“Excellent food and friendly staff”

The Northern Quarter Restaurant & Bar (TNQ)
Ranked #104 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$14 - US$50
Cuisines: European, British
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Shudehill Tram and Bus, Picadilly Gardens, Picadilly Train Station
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

Visited the restaurant with my 7 and 13 years old sons. After reading comments on TripAdvisor we visited the restaurant to try the Fish and chips, must say that it was the best I have ever eaten. The day two after Man Uniteds victory over Chelsea me and my boys decided to visit the restaurant for the excellent fish and chips again. But the very friendly staff managed to convinced me to try their owenroasted steak and I must admit that hit was a real jackpot. Wonderful food. Thanks for two really excellent dinners!

Aleksander & Sons
Sweden Stockholm

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Booked Sunday lunch for 6 people for my friends 50th birthday. My husband phoned the restaurant a week before to inform them that it was a special birthday, the person on the phone stated that they would acknowledge the special birthday with a glass of fizz and a candle in the dessert. None of this happened, when I mentioned this to manager he was very dismissive!

Food was very good, very big portions.

Just disappointed that the manager didn't try and rectify the lack of acknowledgment of a special birthday.

Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

Early evening food and drinks. Ordered off the express menu. Fabulous price for 3
courses. Every course was devine. The wine was lovely and the cheeseboard amazing. Great value for 4 of us even with service charge and tips. Definitely be visiting again!!

Reviewed 14 April 2017

We visited based on trip advisor comments. We booked the day off to have a birthday day out (kid free). We entered a very quiet restaurant at lunch time and were met with a very miserable, unwelcoming waitress! We didn't feel like staying but didn't want to go any where else as it was raining and we wanted a nice lunch. We had to ask her to explain the menus and what was offered at lunchtime. She appeared like she couldn't be bothered. The food was excellent and we were both really impressed with that. We would be very reluctant to go back though due to the attitude of the waitress alone. Such a shame!

4  Thank bo80
Reviewed 12 April 2017

My husband and I decided to have a relaxed Sunday (involving no cooking!!) and so headed to the city to have some drinks and lunch. We had booked a table as suggested on the website with their Sunday's being quite popular. Service was great from the start with a lovely waiter giving us an option of two tables (it's nice to have a choice) and giving us advice on the drinks menu. We opted for the Sunday roast, I had the suckling pig and it melted in the mouth. My only critique would be - more parsnips as they were delicious but I only had one small one on the plate. Great service and food.