The Midland
US$90
US$82
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street(Manchester)(Great Value!)
US$58
US$119
US$95
HotelQuickly
  • Room Service
5,508 results
All reviewsoctagon loungemr coopersafternoon teaq hotelsbeautiful hotelsuperior roomfantastic staymini barreception areacentral manchestersaturday nightlovely roomcity centrestayed for one nightmember of staffmidlandsconference
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came to the hotel for a corporate event beautiful hotel the food was divine but the service from both food and wine staff were excellent but special mention to Donna and Gary really fantastic service couldn’t fault the evening at all

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
eyale16, Guest Relations Manager at The Midland, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Nicole W,
Thank you for taking the time to share such a fantastic review with the Trip Advisor community! I'll be sure to feed your complimentary comments back to our whole team and specially to Donna and Gary who I know will be delighted. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Midland soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked to stay for our wedding anniversary. Despite my husband telephoning and emailing in advance there was no mention of this on arrival nor check out. Reception were more efficient than warm and welcoming. At no point did they ask how our stay was. By sharp contrast we stayed at the Lowry last year and were treated wonderfully. The main entrance is lovely and the Coopers restaurant serves lovely food with great service. This restaurant was the best part of our stay and we received a discount on our meal as we were staying guests. The rooms have clearly had a quick refresh in terms of decor but the bathrooms are very tired and need refurbishing. This is an old hotel in a great location but it feels like it needs more modernisation to lift it to a 4 star.

Room Tip: Side rooms are quieter
Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Angelaryrie,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the Trip Advisor community, I'm sorry to read that some elements of your experience did not live up to your expectations. I'll be sure to feed your observations back to the relevant members of the hotel management team, and I'm sure that your comments will help us to further improve our operation.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived earlier than expected and were greeted by two very friendly and helpful receptionists. Told us about the hotel facilities, warned us to avoid the protest outside and directed us to where we wanted to go. Smooth check in. Excellent front of house staff.

The room had two double beds and was spacious enough so we didn’t feel like we were falling over each other. The hotel feels a little dated and although some of that may be the history of the building some of the decor, carpets and furnishings look ready for a change.

The only disappointing thing about this hotel was the service at the bar and the lack of/staff. We were in the lounge for over an hour and not once did anyone ask if we wanted anything. A member of staff also leant across us as he was hastily going around all the tables blowing out the candles which I found rude as he did not even say excuse me.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Oatie66,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the reception team and your overall experience at The Midland, I'll be sure to share your concerns regarding our lounge team with the relevant manager to ensure our guest receive the best possible service going forward. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Midland in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was taking part in the Great Manchester Run and chose this hotel for the location, near to the start and finish lines. We stayed in room 451 which was very clean and well equipped. The pool area was good, but you need to book to use it and the breakfasts were excellent, a very large selection. My girlfriend used the spa for a massage and was impressed with it, despite the high cost. Will definitely stay here again when I’m Manchester.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Keef1967,
Thank you for taking the time to share such a fantastic review with the Trip Advisor community! It's terrific to read how impressed you and your girl friend were with your whole experience at The Midland and I am pleased to see you would choose the Midland on your future visit to Manchester.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Came in earlier this week for a light brunch with coffee and was served cheap boxed milk instead of full cream.

Quite disgusting especially when we asked for proper full cream and were told by the barista that they didn’t have any in the hotel. It turns out they use cheap stuff from large cardboard boxes to cut on costs.

Payed 4 pound for a coffee and we weren’t even served real milk. Will not be returning.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Rachelgrey19,

Thank you for taking the time to share your constructive comments, I was very sorry to read that your experience did not meet your expectations, I'll be sure to convey your comments with the responsible managers and I hope we might have the opportunity to welcome you back and improve your opinion of the hotel in the future.