US$134
US$162
Agoda.com
  • Pool
1,878 results
All reviewsgarden barmanchester conference centrecompact roomcanal streetconference facilitiesironing boardpalace theatregay villagepiccadilly stationshort stayfull englishreception staffbreakfast was excellentwould stay againstayed for one nighttea and coffeecooked breakfast
Reviewed 22 June 2018

Hotel is in the university district. It was fine for 2 nights as we were busy and not spending much time at the hotel. Room was adequate, clean and had a TV, Tea & Coffee making facilities, it was quite small and had a fan but no A/C. The room was hot, we opened a window but it is quite noisy.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Simon M, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear 'Polly394',

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your experiences with us.

I'm pleased that you found your room to be clean and the hotel to be in a great location. I'm sorry to read that the warm weather impacted your stay but hope that it hasn't put you off returning in the future.

We really hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Kindest regards

Simon

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Unlike some other reviewers, I found the reception staff were courteous and helpful.

The room is small with adequate space for clothes if only spending a couple of nights. The curtains did blackout the daylight which was good news as this is the height of the light nights. There was no aircon and you had to open your window at night which also let the noise in. The desk did not provide a great deal of room for working on. There was a flat screen tele and tea making facilities and the although the bathroom was again small it had everything you needed.

The breakfast was typically UK although it did offer some European fare. There is a bar which stays open late and had a good range of UK beers.

Would probably stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

Dear 'HughMc',

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I'm pleased to see you enjoyed your time with us and found our Reception team to be courteous and helpful. Its great to see that you also enjoyed your breakfast with us and took time to sample some local beers int he hotel bar.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Pendulum in the near future.

Kindest regards

Simon

Reviewed 19 June 2018

Hotel is alright for 1 night stay .staff friendly .bar and resteraunt very good .negatives small room and only a fan no air conditioning. Plus point car parking on Charles st multi story only cost us 4 pounds for 24 hours at weekend and is only 100 yards from hotel

Stayed: June 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

Apparently I have to pay a £25 security deposit against breakage with vague promise that it will be refunded to my credit card. I spend up to 100 nights a year in hotel rooms and have never been asked for this before. I am 64 years old and feel insulted

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank K5704RUpeter
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Positives first- the bed was comfortable, shower good and curtains actually do exclude light, however the room was quite hot and the only way to cool it down was to open the window. Corridor outside was also a bit noisy but the absolute worst thing was the check in.
we arrived a bit early and for the first time ever in nearly 40 years of travel we were asked to pay an extra £10 if we wanted to check in early. Very reluctantly I said ok but when I went to the room there was actually someone in it. ! went back to reception to be told it was my fault he had given me the wrong key ( no apology) I took my money back and spent it on a couple of beers to calm down. when we went back after official check in time the same staff member ( sadly I couldn't see his name badge) didn't actual speak to us just slapped a new key card in our hand and said " next please". I have never had such a poor first impression of any hotel.
we have stayed in a lot of Manchester hotels, all better than this. It is relatively expensive and not worth it in my opinion. We won't be going back.

Room Tip: Just don't bother, they all seem to be the same
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple