1,930 results
All reviews garden bar manchester conference centre compact room canal street conference facilities ironing board gay village palace theatre piccadilly station full english short stay reception staff few minutes walk breakfast was excellent would stay again tea and coffee stayed for one night
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

The prices, food, staff, location, conference facilities, beds and amenities were all faultless and I had a really lovely 2 night stay here. There were only 2 minor points that could be room for improvement. One was that the room was INCREDIBLY hot and there is no air conditioning (which most hotels do offer nowadays so I was surprised that there was none here). Secondly, there is no shower door so the bathroom gets drenched whether you want it to or not...really not ideal! Nonetheless, I had a great stay and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel as well as stay here again if I am back in the area.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Simon M, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Naomi,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review. I'm thrilled that you found our food, staff, conference facilities, beds and amenities faultless! What more could we ask for!!

Thank you for your feedback in relation to air conditioning and the shower door in your room. Unfortunately the designers of the hotel opted not to install air conditioning which only really causes slight discomfort a few days each year. I'm pleased to see it didn't effect your overall stay with us. We are also in the process of upgrading our bathrooms and hopefully on your next visit to The Pendulum you'll notice a positive improvement.

Reviewed 13 July 2018

I had a great reception from Rodrigo upon arrival. During my stay, all the staff was very helpful, specially Rodrigo with directions, print of boarding passes, etc..
The room wasn't big, but it had what I need - a modern and clean bathroom, a small desk and a comfortable bed.
The rooms where also quite, except for the quite loud bang of the doors whenever a guest got to a nearby room.

• Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear 'g0ncal0meireles',

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent experiences with us. I'm so pleased that Rodrigo made such a positive impact on your stay. I'll be sure to share your kind review with him and pass on my thanks.

We really hope to welcome you back to The Pendulum in the near future.

Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed here over the weekend and had left a brand new skirt in my room. I rang up to ask if the housekeeping have handed it into reception, to be told nothing has been . Which is totally untrue. Obviously housekeeper has kept it! Or binned it!

Date of stay: July 2018
Simon M, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2018

Dear 'teagen123',

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I'm so sorry to hear about your lost skirt. I would like to investigate this further with my team at the hotel and hope that you could contact me directly with more information, simonm@pendulumhotel.co.uk

Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

The staff were so lovely and welcoming! The hotel rooms were absolutely gorgeous,clean and well equipped. The beds were really comfortable which is a must! I would really recommend you stay here as you wouldn’t regret it!

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Simon M, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear 'an0min0us',

Thank you so much for your glowing review of The Pendulum Hotel.

I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you have recommended us to others.

We really hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Before I start this review, I should start by saying that I cope with heat better than anyone I know. I’ve stayed in an un air-conditioned apartment in Rome in mid summer and survived, but the Pendulum is too much. I had a single room on floor 3. Weirdly the window looks directly out on a vast courtyard at window level, which during the day is busy with passing students. The room was south facing with meant the sun directly heated and illuminated the room. It is literarily blindingly obvious that these rooms need BLINDS to give some privacy and also to reduce the ludicrous room temperature, obviously AIR CONDITION should also be fitted. I woke in the middle of one night feeling so sick I thought that I was in need of a Doctor. That’s how hot is was. Apart from that, the rooms are basic student accommodation, beautifully if pointlessly cleaned up. The shower is one of those stupid modern things with no door, so water goes all over the floor, which is annoying if you are forced to have 3 or 4 a day in order to remain sane. Unless you wish to re live your student days avoid this place and stay in a real hotel with air conditioning, it wont cost you a penny more.

Date of stay: July 2018
Simon M, General Manager at The Pendulum Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2018

Dear 'roulstones',

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm so sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us due to the heatwave we have experienced in recent weeks. Whilst we are not lucky enough to have air conditioning we do what we can by opening windows before guests arrive and place fans in every room.

I really hope that you would give us another try in the future when the weather has returned to a norm and hopefully you will see us in a different light.

kindest regards