US$206
US$152
  • Room Service
US$170
1,849 results
All reviewsportland streetcentral locationq parkcomfortable bedmain roadshower roomwould stay againgay villagepalace theatreshort stayone night staycar parknight's sleeppiccadilly stationnoiseearplugskettle
Reviewed 25 May 2016

Thought the staff were very friendly and helpful Rooms were good and as requested clean and all people in the party were happy . Breakfast was okay but I do like a fried egg with my breakfast . Flexible with our booking to allow us to check out a bit later as we had two people running in the great north run

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
IbisManchester3142, General Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for writing a review.
I’m so pleased that you had an enjoyable experience and I'm glad we were able to extend your check out time so you could change and shower after finishing the "Great Manchester Run".
I apologise as we couldn't offer you fried eggs for breakfast but this option is not part of the Ibis buffet. I hope the scrambled eggs were sufficient.
The Team and I look forward to welcoming you back for the 2017 Manchester Run or sooner.
Kin regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2016

Grat location, very comfortable beds. Shower was amazing, great value for money. Also the staff were lovely, if I could give one negative pointer it would be the toilet doesn't flush all that great the water pressure is too weak. But it doesn't matter all that much.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for posting some feedback following your recent visit.
I'm glad to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one.
I'm sorry to find out you experienced some problems with the toilet flush. Your remark has been passed on to our Maintenance Engineer. Please rest assured that he we will look into this matter and all necessary actions will be taken to avoid reoccurrences.
We look forward to having you again as a guest very soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2016 via mobile

It's a city centre Ibis, so not particularly exciting, but clean and well located at a good price. Staff were all friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good.

Worth noting there is more than one Ibis in Manchester - yours truly ended up back at the wrong one which was a bit confusing

Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Thanks for your review.
I'm happy to know you had a pleasant stay.
As you've pointed out, we have 4 Ibis in Manchester city centre and I understand that it can be confusing. Nevertheless, hotel business cards can be picked up at Reception if needed.
We look forward to seeing you again soon at Ibis Manchester Portland Street.

Reviewed 21 May 2016

Every Monday, the Accor Hotels website runs an offer for the following Friday and Saturday nights. I guess it's designed to offload unsold rooms - so if a match is on, or a big concert, you'll not have much luck. But sometime, you can find a bargain.

We picked up a Friday night room for £25. That's crazy!

As to the hotel itself - well, it's fine and central, and for the price I paid I was more than happy. The staff were really nice as well.

No complaints!

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for posting those nice thoughts on here.
I'm delighted that, as a Le Club member, you were able to benefit from the £25 online promotional rate. As you've mentioned, this price is subject to availability but it is always nice to reward our loyal guests with such special offers. May I also mention that all our Le Club members get extra discounts when booking directly through our website as well as many other advantages.
All in all, I'm pleased that you enjoyed your experience.
We look forward to being part of your future travelling plan to Manchester.

Reviewed 18 May 2016

We had a twin room at the back of the hotel away from the noise of the street. The beds were very close together and narrow but comfortable. I presume they are zipped together to make a double when needed. If you like a normal size single then this is not for you but we managed well. There was plenty of room for cases. The wardrobe was very small but adequate for a short stay. The bathroom appeared to be a preformed pod which took up very little space yet had a roomy shower. There is a step up into the bathroom. There is a hair dryer in the room and an ironing room on one of the upper floors but we didn't investigate it. The staff were helpful and friendly. This hotel is close to China Town and fairly close to Canal Street, the gay area of Manchester which featured in Queer as Folk.

Room Tip: Choose a room at the back to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with friends

Thank you so much for posting such detailed feedback following your recent stay, it will certainly be useful to other travellers.
I'm pleased to hear that your experience with us met you needs and expectations. I have noted you remark regarding the size of the single beds and I apologise if you felt they were too small but there are in line with the UK standard size.
I'm also happy to notice that you found our city centre location perfect to explore the area, especially the famous Canal Street which indeed appeared in "Queer as Folk" TV series.
When you are travelling back to Manchester, don't hesitate to visit us again.