Book now, pay at stay
US$107
Hilton
  • Pool
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$119/night.

US$82
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

US$81
US$68
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

US$71
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$80/night.

US$93
  • Room Service
Princess St. Hotel(Manchester)
US$92
US$70
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$79/night.

Abel Heywood(Manchester)
US$99
US$83
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$95/night.

US$98
US$79
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

Free cancellation until 04/08
US$81
US$79
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$118/night.

1,825 results
All reviewsportland streetcentral locationq parkcomfortable bedmain roadwould stay againshower roomgay villagepalace theatreshort staytea and coffee making facilitiesone night staycar parkreception staffnight's sleeppiccadilly stationnoise
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for a few nights while at a conference.

The hotel is on a busy road just down from Piccadilly gardens near several restaurants and pubs but also on a key bus route so has lots of passing traffic.

Check in is interesting. You walk into the lounge and bar area. There is no reception and staff wearing T-shirts sit on a table and deal with you informally. Staff are polite and friendly.

The rooms are plug-in identikit. Walk through the door and the bathroom is a drop-in module on the left, the bed, a small desk and the open hanging space. It’s clean, has a nice firm bed, but is a little dark. The first thing I really notice are the complimentary ear plugs next to the bed.... During the first night I see why. The window really needs better sound proofing. Significant traffic noise comes through and worse, at 04:50, chanting from clubbers heading home, or elsewhere, must have woken half the hotel. Part of modern life I suppose in a ‘vibrant’ city.

Breakfast was reasonable - also in the lounge area - with the expected hot items but also some continental elements of ham and cheese, plus fresh fruit. The coffee is a let down as it appears to be batch filtered and popped into thermos style jugs.

Overall, at the price, it’s great value and it’s clean. You can’t ask for much more but watch out for the noise.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank WindsurferAndy
IbisManchester3142, Front Office Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2018

Dear WindsurferAndy,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your stay with us. I am happy to see that you found our team to be polite and friendly. It sound like the city was very busy when you were with us. I would like to apologise for clubbers made a noise during the night. We also hope should you visit Manchester again that you will choose to stay with us. Kind Regards, Paula Borkowska, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 11 April 2018

I spent a night at this hotel and overall, despite being on a main road it was quiet enough. The staff was very nice, the problem was that the beds in three rooms I tried all had broken stats. After changing twice, at the third attempt the manager temporarily fixed a couple of broken slats (I don't think other rooms were available) and I settled there. The toilet flushing system also was not working properly. A comfortable bed and functioning toilet in a large chain like Ibis (branded "new rooms") was the minimum I expected. Not good value for money and below standard.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Dear HolHolHol,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.
If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of. Kind Regards, Paula Borkowska, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 9 April 2018

The hotel was clean. the room was very basic and compact, the bathroom felt like it was just a necessity that had to be added into the room. When i checked in they state they gave me a room at the back because it would be quieter, this was not the fact due to the window not being able to close properly, which wasn't a problem in itself as the room was really hot and the thermometer was broken so had the window open anyway, but there was a very loud generator out side the window, which meant I use earplugs every night.

I had dinner there one night, but they ran out of ingredients so most of the food, they made substitutions for.

It is very cheap and cheerful, great hotel for just a night of two to have a night on the town but not for business use.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear faye d,
Thank you for sharing your feedback with other guests. . While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future. Best Regards, Paula Borkowska, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

Located right in the centre of town within easy walking distance of Manchester Piccadilly train station and other good transport links. Very informal check in with no proper front desk but quick none the less. Basic room but very comfortable bed and large bathroom with all the required amenities. Simple continental breakfast that was meant to finish at 11.30 but when I got there one morning at 11.10, it had already been taken away so missed out on breakfast.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

Dear Rakaan A,
Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay with us. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay overall and we hope should you visit Manchester again that you will choose to stay with us. Kind Regards, Paula Borkowska, Front Office Manager

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

I booked this hotel on a recommendation from someone local, and I wasn’t disappointed. Check in was friendly (Dorathy) was happy and very helpful, and recommended where to go with my 7 year old which was great. The room was spotless and modern. My daughter particularly loved the ‘light up shower’! We only stayed one night whilst seeing a show at the opera house. The bed was a bit hard for my preference, but my daughter slept like a log. After reading other reviews about noise outside I was concerned, however, this wasn’t a problem at all, no ear plugs needed!! Breakfast the next morning was lovely and plentiful. Overall an excellent stay, staff were all lovely and couldn’t do enough. Would definitely recommend, and when in Manchester again I will return!

Stayed: April 2018
IbisManchester3142, Front Office Manager at Ibis Manchester Centre Portland Street, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Nikkij1974,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your experience. It's a pleasure to see our 5 star review! We are pleased to hear that you and your daughter enjoy stay with us. I am sure Dorathy will be delighted with her personal mention too! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Best Regards, Paula Borkowska, Front Office Manager