“Sichuan food at its best in Manchester”
Review of Azuma

Azuma
Ranked #324 of 2,435 Restaurants in Manchester
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Rusholme
Reviewed 18 October 2017

This is the third time I have been to this restaurant. The restaurant was packed full of Chinese people all enjoying their meals. The food gets better each time I come here. The Tofu was like non I have had elsewhere. The aubergine was very good and so was the beef with peppers. The staff extremely pleasant and helpful. Oh by the way it also serves Korean bbq and Hotpot but this does not appeal to me. Oh and the parking is on street and free. Recommend booking in advance.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

I dont usually write reviews only when its the best or worst.. but i feel i should this time. I went to Azuma as i have lived in Korea before and wanted to enjoy the Korean style BBQ.
On entering, the man did tell me that it is not Korean food but is Korean style only, that's fine as we love meat anyway.
However the meat was just awful, there is no polite way to put it. For me it felt like they went to a meat factory and gathered all the fattiest worst parts they could and lopped it on a plate. There was absolutely no taste to this meal and the meat that was 'Marinated' as they said, was just covered in pepper seriously! i couldn't eat it and all sauces are at extra cost..i was thoroughly disappointed and left after 30 mins. The worst thing is its for 20 quid per head! i was so disappointed that i could have enjoyed a lovely delicious meal with my husband elsewhere for 40 quid. When i politely told them how i felt, they didn't care and just wanted to take the money.
Maybe I've been spoiled by the amazing food and service in Korea, but i would feel the same if any bbq place sold that anywhere in England - If you enjoy good meat, give this one a swerve. (Maybe the soup is better)
Shame on you Azuma.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

Met a wonderful human being tonight called Godfrey.. i work away a lot and was pretty home sick tonight until i walked into azuma. He could not help me enough in choosing my food. After ordering i got a beer and sat down, Godfrey came over and we had a bit of a natter, turns out hes a Cardiff lad, he joined me in a beer and we talked about work and rugby. After a couple of beers and a good laugh my takeaway came out and it was time to part ways but before we did he gave me a parting gift (a small bottle of Chinese vodka). Just wish there was more people in the world like Godfrey. God bless you my friend and i wish you a happy journey where ever your path takes you...
And the food was excellent too...

1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We've just had a beautifully cooked meal in the friendliest of restaurants. The reviews here are true to their word. Godfrey and all the staff were fantastic. We had a family meal after delivering our son to university. What a touching welcome to Manchester for him and for us. We will be back at the earliest opportunity! Thank you to everyone!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Honestly, I mean it! I don't often write reviews like this but we had an evening last night that will be remembered as possibly the best family meal out we've had. I'm used to the Mediterranean way of eating where you get to know the waiters and the owner but never before have I experienced something like this in the UK. Great food - fresh, tasty, beautifully presented to be cooked by yourself at the table. Great atmosphere - full, buzzing, exciting and lively. Great service - friendly, funny, helpful, informative and genuinely pleased to make friends. We cannot WAIT to go back. So much more to choose from that we didn't get to try and, of course, to see everyone again. Thank you EVERYONE and see you soon. Don't just take my word for it - please, go and try it for yourself!

1  Thank Goodcustomerservice