“Fantastic food”

Price range: US$20 - US$67
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Evuna Originated in 2002 as a fine wine house with a main interest in importing Fine Spanish Wines from Boutique wineries. In November 2003 Evuna Deansgate was born with one vision to bring the people of Manchester the many hidden gems of the amazing diverse country that is Spain. To complement our amazing wines we brought the best chefs from Madrid to rustle up an eclectic mix of Spanish dishes ranging from tapas to full banquets with anything in between. At each location we also offer a wine merchant service where customers can take their favourite wines home with them by the bottle or buy the case. In our small shop area you can browse our offers whilst enjoying a glass of wine and some tapas.
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

My friend & I opted for the lunch offer '3 tapas for £10.99' followed by the seafood paella. Our waiter was lovely and very attentive and helped us to select dishes.

What really let the restaurant down was the member of staff who greeted us. He showed us to our table, did not ask whether the table was okay, so I had to ask to move because we were not comfortable sharing with another couple. Once we were seated he said he needed the table back in 1.5 hours then walked away. I thought it was quite rude. Half way through our meal, he came over to say they'd had a cancellation so we could stay an extra half an hour. He made us feel like we had to watch the time rather than relaxing and enjoying ourselves.

Besides this, I would definitely return, the food was delicious and good value for money. Great atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

Visited for what was supposed to just be for lunch and ended up staying all afternoon! Food is great and the girls are amazing. And don't forget to sample all the wine you won't be disappointed!!!

1  Thank naomh710
Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

After looking forward to visiting Evuna for sometime (being a Spanish tapas lover!) I have to say I have been left disappointed. First of all the restaurant is really small (I know this can't be helped) But as a table of 2 we had to share our table with another couple which was a bit strange sitting next to people we dont know. The food itself was average. The meatballs were quite tasteless, the chicken I only had one mouthful and wasn't impressed, the only thing I can say is the garlic butter served with the tortilla was amazing. Other than that having many tapas experiences to compare to this would come as one of the lowest unfortunately. On a more positive note the staff were really nice and friendly, it's a shame we won't be going back.

2  Thank Olivia M
Reviewed 21 October 2017

FANTASTIC! Visited on 14/10/17 with a party of 8. From the moment we arrived the staff where superb. The food was super fresh & tasty. Not one single element of service or food could be faulted & fantastic value to boot. Well done Evuna

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I have visited Evuna twice in the last two weeks after a recommendation from a friend and it certainly didn’t disappoint on each occasion.

Our first visit- We hadn’t booked and it was early evening on a Saturday but luckily we were able to get a seat at the bar. It was very busy, and had a really relaxed and friendly atmosphere- yet our food was served quickly and was beautiful and tasty.

Second visit was yesterday before we went to a gig, and again it was beautiful food with fast and friendly service.
Unfortunately I’ve had to rate the overall as 4/5 because on my second visit we were made to feel extremely uncomfortable on arrival due to an issue with the online booking system.
After seeing how busy it was on my first visit, I booked a table to ensure we could get in. I booked online via the website, due to an additional person then joining I cancelled the initial booking and remade it with the extra person.
As we aren’t from Manchester, we were travelling on the day and felt we may miss the reservation and therefore again cancelled and rebooked the table for a later time- all online, as the contact number was constantly engaged. I had received emails to confirm the cancellations on each occasion and therefore knew it had successfully been cancelled.
Upon arrival, to my astonishment we were met with a very passive aggressive attitude from the waiter. Repeatedly stating that I had not cancelled the tables and had not even bothered to call to cancel them! Obviously i was shocked at the fact the system didn’t notify the restaurant- but even more saddened that the waiter was so abrupt- despite all of the party repeatedly apologising. Not that we needed to apologise for anything as I had the proof in the emails.
It left us feeling on edge and uncomfortable which is a real shame because it is such a beautiful place.