“Another ace crop of good food and great beer”

Allotment Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #94 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$7 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Allotment Bar... We are nestled in the heart of Manchester's Northern Quarter and offer an escape from the hustle and bustle of City life. Come and laze the day away on our picnic benches or prop the bar up and sample the gins. A warm welcome always awaits... Until we meet, stay out of trouble.
Reviewed 23 June 2016 via mobile

I went to The Allotment just after it opened and have been back twice since. The good news is, it's even better than when it opened. The Sunday three course meal is a bargain and although we only had mains, as it was late afternoon on Sunday, the meals were exceptional. My fish and chips were crisp, light and hot while my daughter's sea bass was tender and subtle.

Things then got even better with two pints of Cream of the Crop ale. Charming staff and a relaxed vibe in a bar that looks like the set of Gardener's World. I love the quirky Allotment decor with some softly ironic Interior touches. Its definitely hipster influenced but unlike other Northern Quarter hostelries doesn't take itself too seriously, but the chef and his/her food does. It feels like a cool, chilled out local. Lots of beards, all sported by men! I'm going again this week I enjoyed it so much.

1  Thank Tom62Lancs

Reviewed 21 June 2016

Having seen pictures on social media of the brunch that comes, very aptly in keeping with the bar's theme... a picnic basket. I knew we had to go! We absolutely loved the sandwiches which were proper thick cut steak- no skimping on meat here, and lovely homemade cake and scones, and all topped off with a glass of fizz for under £15.. an absolute bargain and a great way to spend an afternoon!

1  Thank Charlotte D
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Excellent Gin cocktails in a tea pot. Good buzzy atmosphere & a good cocktail list, what more could you ask for when in Manchester

Reviewed 4 June 2016

I've been here a couple of times for drinks and absolutely love the gin menu. The staff are always great at making recommendations. This time I was impressed we were recommended to share a tonic rather than trying to be oversold. Also very impressed at the price of the Fevertree (and in general).

Took my mum and godmother for afternoon tea and they absolutely loved the picnic baskets which were so much fun. The presentation was fantastic and we loved all the little touches like the carrot and hummus and fresh fruit. Everything was delicious, the staff were brilliant and there's a great atmosphere. Afternoon tea is AMAZING value for money compared to many places in NQ.

The only one point I would make is that it's not an afternoon tea for cake lovers. Scones, jam and creme were extremely tasty. The cakes were nice but nothing special, perhaps bought in? Allotment doesn't claim to be specialist in cake like other places in NQ so it was no great disappointment but something to be aware of if cake is your thing. Sandwiches were excellent and I liked that we could choose from the main menu.

Will definitely be back!

2  Thank snipey_123
Reviewed 27 May 2016 via mobile

Such a good bar for predrinks, meeting place, place to finish anything really! Good for groups or couples and i actually tried the food on a recent visit and it was of a very good standard! Its become one of my favourite bars to visit!

1  Thank Aliyah R