“A great find”

Ranked #13 of 2,371 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Indian restaurant in West Didsbury. Indique word is coined by merging 'Indian' and'Unique' and so is our food. True to our name our food is a modern twist to traditional currys. Every dish is made with fresh ingredients and lots of care and love. Our award winning head chef is one of the finest in the industry and will make sure nothing but the best comes on your plate and palate.
Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

Visited on recommendation of a friend to celebrate a birthday. The exterior sign belied the experience inside! The food which was beautifully presented was all delicious and full of flavour. The bhel and dahi puri and smoky lamb were highlights from the interesting range of starters. Our mains were just as tasty. Especially the biryani! The portion sizes were great and despite being satisfied we could resist sharing a halwa and kulfi. couple
The service was good and had even noticed we were there for a birthday and brought out a surprise dessert.
We will definitely return.

Reviewed 18 September 2017

Don’t go expecting the same old identikit menu of the high street curry house with its Anglicised “any protein with any sauce” dishes. Do go and find a shortish menu of well crafted food – maybe 20 starters and 25 or so main courses, getting on for half of them vegetarian. The owner is, I think, from Rajasthan in the north of India, home to perhaps the country’s richest cuisine. So, expect dishes from the north of the country, like Lal Maas, in the form of lamb chops. But the menu manages to also reach out to other regions – for instance in a Hyderabadi chicken biryani. This was well put together with nice layers of rice and well spiced chicken. Before that, I’d started with achari paneer tikka. I’d always thought of achari spicing as being a particular feature of Bengali cooking but Indique’s owner explained to me that achar (pickle) is used throughout India and, indeed, will differ from region to region. Here, the paneer is marinated in tikka and pickle spices before going in the tandoor. It gives a lovely sour edge to contrast with the richness of the cheese.

My companion had started with sev puri – four pastry discs, topped with onion, tamarind chutney and a thick sprinkling or vermicelli. It was declared to be OK but seemed to be lacking something in flavour. Not quite sure what, but something. That was followed by a good version of aloo gobi. Waxy potatoes that held their shape, cauliflower also retaining a bit of bite. Good clingy sauce that went well with the excellent lemon rice.

Places like this have to be welcomed in South Manchester. With the vegetarian food at Sanskruti in Withington and the street food of Cheadle’s Aamchi Mumbai, it is getting easier to find really good south Asian food in the area. I’ll be back for that Lal Maas.

1  Thank harters
Reviewed 17 September 2017

First visit looking for something different from your normal curry fix and here it is!. Excellent menu and service, meals tailored to your liking, not a deep red curry in sight!. Having lived and worked in Asia for many years including India, Pakistan and Singapore which has a huge Indian population, most UK Indian/Asian restaurants have very similar menus & meals that look & taste the same but Indique offers spice with a difference if you are willing to be adventurous and not just order a chicken madras!. try the Pani Puri & Peshwari lamb chops for starters, brilliant!. We also had the Hyderabadi lamb Biryani and Nizami Gosht amazing tastes. The meat is tender not just microwaved. The restaurant itself is bright with a very open glass front, a really nice look & feel bar and the service friendly and very efficient offering help with the menu and committed to offering a real taste of India and to be honest a very pleasant experience!. 2 starters, 2 mains and a veg dish, 1 bottle of very good Malbec and one desert £67, actually very good, prices on the menu are very similar to those in your standard Indian restaurant!. Overall really enjoyed the Sunday afternoon lunch and will 100% revisit.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

All I can say is wow! Visited 15 Sept for my partners birthday ( see his earlier review)... as you walk in the decor looks average, however talking to a family on next table, they were definitely regulars...
The food was spectacular to look at & tasted just as good.. wished we lived nearer...

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

Before I begin I have to say I am vegetarian. I went here as a birthday surprise and was amazingly pleased. We went early, for 1800, and the place still had plenty of customers in, which was a good sign. We gave our order to the friendly staff and only waited about 5-7 minutes before our starters arrived... OMG.. the Chilli Paneer was fantastic, my partner had scallops and she loved them. The second course arrived shortly after our starter had been cleared and again, the first impression was stunning. When I started to dig in the food was nothing short of excellent. The spinach dumpling was amazing and the sauce... well, lets just say worth the journey from Preston to Didsbury. Overall, this ticked every box and I am hoping to take more friends there.. this place is a must for anyone in the Manchester area.. just go.. you won't be disappointed