“Well worth a visit, or three.”
Review of Buffet City

Buffet City
Ranked #668 of 2,434 Restaurants in Manchester
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 February 2017

I eat here far more than I should (often three times in the same week), because for the price you get a decent meal and plenty of choice.

It's not the finest quality, but you wont get that unless you pay a lot more. If you go early in the day the food is ridiculously cheap, but they also don't have many of the more expensive items out (no crispy duck) but early evening and onward it's perfectly acceptable.

You do get the odd rowdy party (especially at weekends, when it's a little more expensive), but nothing you wouldn't expect.

The food isn't "burn your mouth" hot, it's just warm enough to eat, however if you do want something special cooking the chef is happy to do it for you.

The staff are polite and efficient, although they do have a habit of clearing your plate away the second you've taken that last mouthful, which isn't a problem, as you just go a fill a fresh one.

The salad bar is always well stocked and the Sushi is good, the deserts have fell by the wayside recently and even though there is a huge choice, a lot of them seem to be opened cakes/biscuits/chocolate from the local sweet shop. I do miss the ice cream machine (although it did break down a lot) but the freezer is always well stocked with the usual suspects (vanilla/chocolate/strawberry).

Plenty to eat, a huge choice, I've never been rushed and the staff even helped to teach my granddaughter how to use chopsticks.

If you're a student don't forget your NUS card, 10% off.

1  Thank TheDr-Chester

Reviewed 23 February 2017

£9.50 on a Sunday which is all it is worth. Definitely wouldn't want to pay any more for it. Some of the food was ok but there was a lot of poor quality pork and chicken on the bone. I always go for boneless chicken to get better quality food. Not a lot choice for a restaurant which claims to offer numerous options. Food was lukewarm and tastless. Largest choice was in the desserts. Service is good and tables are cleared very quickly.

Reviewed 20 February 2017 via mobile

This is the one place I used to always visit, loved the food however the past two times I have been, the food has been cold, doesn't get refreshed much, I visited yesterday didn't even finish my plate as I refused to pay £10 for cold food.

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

I recently visited with a friend for the first time. I can emphasise enough that you get what you pay for here. It is one of the cheaper buffets.
The starter selection was good, but by the time we got back to our table a few feet away the food wa cold. In general the food felt quite greasy. The selection of mains was limited. I was disappointed with the deserts as they were very cheap. Majority of the choices felt like super market biscuits. I tried to have the mousse and creamy types but couldn't eat them a they were warm for fear of illness.
I've learnt my lesson and know I need to pay a bit more for better quality.

1  Thank April B
Reviewed 16 February 2017

Although I consider the food quality to be average, I cannot deny that it was still very tasty and there was a wide selection of dishes to choose from. The restaurant was spacious with plenty of room to move about and ponder the next course! I would recommend this restaurant and we will certain be using it again.

1  Thank David H