“Fantastic paella”

Ranked #152 of 2,420 Restaurants in Manchester
Price range: US$32 - US$55
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Hola!! La Vina is an authentic spanish restaurant, we have two levels, our raised level is ideal for private parties or even just large bookings, we also have baby changing facilities available.For larger bookings we do offer a set menu or the standard Tapas menu if preferred and at lunchtimes Monday to Friday we have a set price menu available at £9.95 as well as our standard tapas menu.Come and give us a go and you won't be disapointed.Hasta Pronto!!
Reviewed 29 September 2016

Quick meal before the theatre.
Choice of tapas is good
Some plates are pricey but are finger licking good.
My favourite-----padron peppers and the veggie paella

LaVinaManchester, General Manager at La Vina Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2016

Hi AR1712,

Thanks for leaving a review - glad you enjoyed everything, and hope you enjoyed the show too - we'll see you soon!

The La Vina Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,580)

Reviewed 26 September 2016

Booked a table for 2, 4pm Friday 23/09/2016. The place was pretty quiet, went to the desk stating I had reserved a table, the guy just replied 'yeh sit anywhere'
We ordered our tapas, one dish was off the specials board, grilled asparagus. When all the food came one dish was wrong so they replaced that but had to wait & the asparagus was kinda pale, limp & cold, told the waiter to take the dish away as I didn't want it. He took it & 5 mins later appeared with it piping hot, I didn't want it microwaved!
A dessert dish, like profiteroles but one had cheese! In it! ....... the bill arrived & they had the cheek to charge us for the asparagus! Needless to say no tip was left.
We have eaten here many times & even when the place is extremely busy they always try to fit you in. But this time was so disappointing, made worse I had booked it for my partners birthday. I'm hearing new Spanish restaurants in the area are opening up so maybe find a new one in future.

LaVinaManchester, General Manager at La Vina Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2016

Hi Janban,

This is really disappointing to read for me and the team - I'd love the opportunity to discuss this with you further.

Would you mind emailing me so that we can discuss your experience? You can email me on this address - christopher.griffin@lavina.co.uk

Many thanks,

Christopher Griffin
La Vina Manchester

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Had dinner last night and believe the restaurant is back to its best.
Paella was beautiful and generous portions plus other tapas where beautiful.
Best of all was our waitress really knew her stuff, service with a smile.
Again our Saturday afternoons in Manchester shopping and mooching will be finished off with a trip to La Vina.

LaVinaManchester, General Manager at La Vina Manchester, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2016

Dear Gary C,

Thanks for your glowing review - we're looking forward to seeing you on Saturdays!

The La Vina Team

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

Having not eaten Tapas that often before, we found the attentive waiter's assistance in choosing our dishes helpful. The service was impeccable and food delicious. Two of us ate, with a pint of San Miguel each followed by coffees for £50. Pretty good for the city centre.

Reviewed 23 September 2016

A pre-theatre tapas seemed a good idea - and we had eaten at Las Vina before. However two glasses of wine a bottle of water and four tapas came to almost £50. The service was fine, the staff friendly and helpful but the food was lacklustre and terrible value for money - among the dishes we ordered were scallops. I noted that they were £9 but for good scallops that didn't seem too much. Bear in mind 2 of us were eating - I expected half a dozen at least. There were three very small scallops on the plate when it came. That's £3 a scallop and in my opinion is very poor value. Will we go back? No. Would I recommend the place? Sadly no.

Dear Mike H,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor regarding your recent experience.
I’m happy that service and staff beat your expectations, but I’m unhappy that the food did not better your expectations on the occasion you dined with us.
I note that you were displeased with your scallop dish that you sampled and that you reviewed that the portion size was small.
The scallops that we purchase from our fishmonger, list on our menu and then serve to our guests are king scallops. These are sourced for their superior quality and size, and as such are not a cheap product. When the accompaniments of the minted broad bean puree and slices of serrano jamon are added into the dish, we believe that £9.00 for this dish – especially given the quality of the products used, is more than reasonable. We always look at competition within the Manchester area, and similar sized scallop dishes are within this price range and often, more expensive.
We always encourage feedback from our guests, but if something isn’t right we really want to know at the time – this gives us the opportunity to rectify the issue there and then ensuring that you leave happy with the team, the restaurant and the meal that you’ve had.
I’m sorry that on this occasion you didn’t get the opportunity to speak to me when you dined and so I couldn’t speak to you in person – but I hope that my explanation will encourage you to leave feedback at the time of your meal and give me the chance to make right and wrongs.

I hope to welcome you back to La Vina in the near future.

Christopher Griffin