“Great Staff good food”
Review of La Boucherie

La Boucherie
Ranked #195 of 369 Restaurants in Pau
Reviewed 29 June 2018

attached to the Kyraid Prestige. The girls serving are very fast and the food is great. We had an extended stay due to a breakdown and got to know the staff, everyone we dealt with was very good

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Excellent and efficient service. Food is of a high standard and good value. Good kids menu. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

I have rather mixed experience and feelings about La Bucherie and here is why.
I ate couple of times there in the course of three days and also compared notes with some of the colleagues.
First of all the place positions itself as experts in meats and they have quite a choice of beef cuts. Waters and waitresses are pretty well versed in the selection and are quite helpful with explanations and recommendations. (Note: for all you English speakers - not all waiters speak English but there are several who do.)
Being excited about their specialty we all went for various steaks the first time around. We all had different steaks and I regret to report that none of those met our high expectations (or was it that our expectations were unreasonably high?). My steak was described as ‘very tender’ - well it was not tender at all, so I was quite surprised. Other people had their stakes cooked not to a state of preparedness they asked, another one was bland and quite average.
Additionally, for those used to the US stake cuts, these cuts are different and don’t necessarily correspond to your beloved and preferred cuts.
La Bucherie also has very appealing looking burgers on the menu. I didn’t have any, but a colleague who did have it 7out of 10 - so no advise from me on those menu items.
On another occasion my experience was very different. I went for a board of local traditions cold cuts and it was quite tasty.
For the main course I had the ‘Duck Triad’.
With duck being a regional specialty I decided I had to try it. So the triad is a sample meal consisting of smoked duck breast, foia gra and a hot item - sort of stewed duck meat under a layer of grated or mashed potatoes baked over.
All of it was very tasty and I enjoyed it a lot. Definitely it was a way more enjoyable experience and worth complimenting on.

Another positive thing is the service - all waitresses and waiters working with us were very-very friendly and helpful, demonstrating genuine care and interest.
And that is why I titled my review the way I did...
Attached are the pictures of the last meal described above.

Trivia piece: the bill is brought to you in a piece of hollowed our marrow bone. (See picture)

Reviewed 4 November 2017 via mobile

What a great dinner. This place have a great services. They attendt in various languages. The food is wonderful. A gesat tartare, Carpaccio and the meat at a petfect blue (medium rare). What a geat surprise in Pau

Reviewed 15 September 2017

As we were staying overnight at the Kyriad hotel, it was very convenient for us to eat at La Boucherie. We would not normally choose to eat at a steak restaurant but we were not disappointed with the meal. The young staff were very bright and cheerful, as well as being helpful.