“Perfect”

Ranked #4 of 222 Restaurants in Perigueux
Price range: US$19 - US$42
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: A pedestrian street in the historic district of PÉRIGUEUX. A former(old) building with a thick studded wooden door. Three rooms and a privative patio with an intimist and authentic decoration(set) of old stones and exposed beams. Between friends, in family, for a business lunch or in a group, the Restaurant THE EPICUREAN welcomes you in a completely decorated again and uncluttered friendly space. His chief: Gilles LABBE inspired by Périgord and his Breton origins makes you discover according to the seasons a delicious gourmet cuisine. Four menus and a card(map) offer a choice of dishes developed with fresh products in an excellent value for money and a selection the best wines.
Reviewed 24 July 2017

The best meal we had all holiday. We found this restaurant on our last night and thank goodness after all the rubbish that a lot of restaurants serve up and charge a small fortune for. This is good value and tastes amazing. The surroundings are beautiful and the service fantastic. It's a touch pricier but well worth it. Try the souris d'agneau - so tender and just falls off the bone. They even did something simple for our fussy young son. Could not have asked for a better dinner to end our holiday.

Reviewed 11 July 2017

The restaurant I normally go to when I visit Perigueux so my partner and I decided to try L'Epicurien as I had heard it was a god place to eat. We opted for the Menu de Jour which consisted of a Confit de Canard main and a Strawberry Soup for dessert. A drink was included in the price. The duck was prfectly cooked and the pudding really refreshing.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Merci Nicolas for looking after us so well!

This restaurant is tucked away in the back streets of the old town and is well worth seeking out.

The plat Du Jour priced at 19.50 is of excellent value considering the quality of the food, surroundings and service.

Our meal was superb and Nicolas was very charming and even agreed to speak true Franglais with us which makes us feel that at least we are trying to speak our poor French!

All the best of luck guys it was great to find you!

Reviewed 1 March 2017

We went to l'Epicurien for the first time for my partner's birthday lunch, just the two of us. His first two choices of restaurant were shut, on holiday. I read the reviews here and it looked good. It was good, delicious food, beautifully presented. Very small downstairs dining room but it had character. Another one upstairs, but not in use, it's still winter after all. The waiter was attentive but discreet. I was very glad I chose this restaurant, I hope we'll go there again.

Reviewed 30 November 2016 via mobile

A friendly welcome and service, decor was casual but smart, offered indoor (upstairs and ground) and outdoor (courtyard) tables.
We were offered bread and a wonderful amuse bouche and ordered our wine by the glass, all of a very high standard.
The lunch offered both a menu du jour or a la carte, but we opted for the menu of the day which was cod with mixed seasonal vegetables followed by a home baked apple tart.
Including the wine it was keenly priced at €22 per person.
What a great experience, comes highly recommended and certainly a place we would return to enjoy again.