“Great pizzas made to order.”
Review of DONLEO1973

DONLEO1973
Reserve with
DONLEO1973 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 228 Restaurants in Perigueux
Price range: US$9 - US$21
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 18 December 2016

We booked to eat at Donleo after arranging a weekend in Perigueux and seeing it had good reviews. We were NOT let down!
We eat pizza on a regular basis and when in a new town we tend to head towards Italian restaurants.
The idea is simple.....chose a base, chose 5 toppings and voila! Your pizza is made exactly how you want it.
They were fabulous pizzas and we ate every bit.
The staff are also very friendly and the place was packed.
Luckily we booked in advance or we couldn't have got in.

Reviewed 4 October 2016

Just passing through the City en route home and stopped for a quick lunch. Charming service and really good pizza. Exactly what we were looking for. Highly recommended.

1  Thank Derek H
Reviewed 3 September 2016 via mobile

Very good pizza's. And friendly service. The prices are way to high for a pizzaria. That is my only concern.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

I've been living in France for 6 years now, and have been searching endlessly for a decent pizza without much luck. There's one place that's okay in Nontron where I live, but it's still not "real" pizza like I've had in the U.S. or Italy. I had just about given up hope when I wandered into Donleo a couple months ago while in Perigeux on a shopping trip with my daughters. I'd never heard of it, but we were in the mood for Italian, so we decided to give it a try. First off, we loved being able to see all the different toppings we could choose on a handy little order form we filled out ourselves. There was no chance of any mistakes in the kitchen when we were the ones filling out the ticket. The portions were very generous for a great price, but the best part by far was the fact that the pizza was to die for delicious. I would have happily paid more. The crust was chewy and on the thicker side for French pizzas (more like authentic Italian style), the sauce was good enough that I'd put it in a glass and drink it, and the toppings super fresh and very high quality. And mozzarella cheese! Whaaat! Sad to say, in France, they use emmental cheese on most pizzas, which really grates on my Italian nerves, but what can you say...the French always like to be different. :) IMHO, no one should think of using anything but mozzarella on a pizza. Yet, if you're one of those folks who don't like the authentic Italian style, not to worry. You can get your pizza freak on here too. You choose the sauce, the toppings, and the cheese, and there're plenty of options. I loved this place so much, I kept the menu so I wouldn't forget the name of it. When I came back to town a month later, I pulled that menu out, Google mapped it, and ate there again! And this time I talked to the owner who was a really nice guy. He trained at a special place to learn how to make the pizza as good as it is. And he's spent some time in my homeland (USA), so he's very tourist friendly. I hope more tourists will give his place a shot, because it's absolutely worth it. And parking is abundant, so no problem getting in and out, no messing about. Please go to this place and dig into the amazing pizza. I promise you won't be sorry. Enjoy!

Reviewed 9 June 2016

Just out of the Medieval centre this Pizza Restaurant has pleasant if rather cool minimalist decor and good large pizzas but they seemed poor value at E14.90 cf E7-10 in the medieval centres of northern Italian cities over Easter - and with jollier service. Prices are generally higher in France as I guess it is more expensive to run a restaurant but this seemed a little out of line.