This is the first time we've been to a Sibulu Village having tried other similar chains before. Kerlann is an attractive and secluded site with plenty of facilities: we chose it for the pool complex and splash zone which are excellent fun. We also enjoyed the evening entertainment which were much better than expected, particularly the foam party night. The shop on site is very well stocked and prices are reasonable. They have properly fresh bread and pastries every morning.
The pizza takeaway service was also very good.
There are however let downs, especially compared to other campsite chains:
1. Security on site for residents is not great. Anyone could enter the site and although the entrance to the pool complex is supposed to have checks on possession of fun passes, these were hardly ever done. It would be much easier and more visible to have a wrist band system in force throughout the camp.
2. Our mobile home had numerous maintenance issues which needed fixing when we arrived. One of the toilets didn't work, a door to the main bedroom wouldn't shut, and a blind was broken, as well as a number of light bulbs which needed replacing. The staff dealt with these things helpfully when reported but it was odd they hadn't been checked before arrival.
3. The bar and communal inside areas (games room etc), as well as the central toilet/washing up area were tired and poorly maintained.
4. Our experience of the on-site restaurant was really poor. We went on "couscous night" for the special adult one dish offer, but unfortunately the quality of that one dish was really poor. The children's food was fine, but the staff were slow and totally disinterested despite the restaurant being far from full. The majority of the staff at Kerlann were great, but those in the restaurant sadly didn't have the same quality.
It's a lovely area and Kerlann is well situated. If they improved a few things it would be a very good site.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Domaine de Kerlann is a four-star Siblu Holiday parc in Brittany, close to picturesque Pont Aven. The parc is packed with free children's clubs, indoor and outdoor pools, a fantastic splash zone and multi-sports pitches with football coaching in the summer. Modern holiday home accommodation has all the benefits of home - hot showers, en-suite bathrooms, fully equipped kitchens, lots of storage space, terraces as extra...barbecues and picnic tables are included. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Siblu Villages - Domaine de Kerlann reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domaine De Kerlann Hotel Pont-Aven