“Poor service, poor quality”
Review of Le Verdi

Le Verdi
Ranked #440 of 612 Restaurants in Dijon
Cuisines: Fusion
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Instinct should have told us that the experience will not be good in the only restaurant that has space in a square packed by restaurants.

The service is slow in the first place. Then the order was not correct... We repeated the aperitif order 3 times, and it was still wrong (and the bio beer is not brilliant). The food was slow to arrive, and again, not as ordered.

Finally there is a quality issue. My partners salmon pizza - tainted by fish bones, brown salmon bits stuck into a mass of rubbery cheese. My pizza faired a bit better with its egg, but still had a cheese issue.

A long wait for the table to be cleared, so we just asked for the bill... Gave up after a while and went inside to pay.

Verdict: plenty of other choices round and about. The staff need to be more attentive and listen. And the quality of the ingredients need to vastly improve. We won't be back.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Was looking forward to eating a good salad... received a few leaves of lettuce, one sliced tomato, almost no dressing, no honey (as promised with the cheese). My little girl never received her ice cream... Expensive! The only good thing was the beer... a good Belgian Grimbergen.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a sort on non review.
Arrived just before 10 pm. After being ignored for over ten minutes collared a staff member who said they had stopped serving - people were arriving, and being seated, all the time at the nearby restaurants .
We went to the nearby brochette place, which was good.
Passed the Le Verdi kitchen's open window on the way back.
Glad we had not eaten there.

Reviewed 7 August 2013

I have been to plenty of restaurants, including many in France (currently stationed in Strasbourg), this was the worst of the worst of the worst. I can't remember a more horrible restaurant experience in all of the countries and cities I have visited in literally my whole life.

1) INCREDIBLY slow / rude service: A table of 8 French people (who said, at one point, they live in Dijon and this is the worst service they've ever had) complained to the waitress that they had been waiting far too long demanded the check for their drinks, they wanted to leave. They then waited noticeably LONGER than it would ever take to bring a check out, and the waitress started bringing out their FOOD instead! The waitresses acted horribly offended that these customers wanted to leave, making really rude comments about the customers to other servers. The waitresses should have been more offended to work at a place that calls itself a 'restaurant'.

2) Food was either not cooked or just terrible: We were finally served drinks after 20 minutes - and orders were taken. We weren't served the food for another 40 minutes, during which time I noticed no one was given anything to eat except for two guys who the waitresses obviously knew, and who, by chance, had just sat down.

My burger was raw and not really a burger, more like crumbly pile of meat. They offered to cook it more...ok, fine...this ended up taking forever so I just canceled, best decision I made that day. The bf got a pizza, worst decision he made all day (apart from deciding to eat here in the first place). How do you screw up pizza this badly? YOU MUST TRY! The dough was horrible, the ingredients all obviously came from a can about 8 days ago, and the 'smoked sausage' was like a hot dog with extra cubes of fat. We were both in a bad mood by this point and after a few attempts at the pizza decided to just pay and leave.

I am at a loss for words for how bad this overall experience was, luckily we went directly to the bar across the street (Bars Les Berthom) and salvaged the night. I wasn't expecting anything fantastic, just average food, and we got something I wouldn't feed to my worst enemy's dog. I like dogs, no need to torture them.

1  Thank SneakyCreekan
Reviewed 7 July 2011

A promising evening that went downhill very quickly. Beautiful setting with lots of outdoor seating, 3 piece jazz band playing outside at the time of our visit. It was quite busy but we were seated immediately. The expensive wine we ordered was not what we were given (having drunk it before we knew how it should look and taste) but they decanted it to a clear glass bottle with no label, we queried this with the waiter who just shrugged and pointed to what we had ordered on the wine list. We ordered our starters and main courses then sat for an hour waiting for them and still they failed to arrive, however the French people sat on either side of us, all of whom arrived well after us received their orders. Trying to attract the attention of the waitresses/waiters needed nothing short of a cardiac arrest for them to notice you. It was only when he managed to inform one we wanted to cancel our food and just pay for the wine that we were told fairly snappily the food was coming. They failed to bring the bill (or food) to the table so my husband walked inside and insisted on having the bill at which point they produced it, we paid and left.

1  Thank eileen5790