“Disappointing!”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 June 2018

We went here on the advice of our B & B host, but we were really disappointed. My husband had the salad with chicken....it’s really hard to mess up a salad, but this one was pretty poor....sad looking and tasting greens, too many carrots, fried chicken. I ordered the steak tartare, which was bland, not seasoned....I had to get past the thought that I was just eating a lump of raw hamburger meat. Perhaps we ordered the wrong items, but the food just wasn’t good,

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Had a quick early evening meal here. My partner had to send her steak back as it was stone cold (and had literally only taken 5 minutes before it arrived from ordering, my chicken was bland. Second steak was almost too tough to eat. Total bill of 38 euros which included a glass of wine was average. Avoid.

Reviewed 9 January 2018

During our visit, we ate twice at Hippeau and enjoyed it thoroughly. The staff were very helpful and assisting us in English. The food was delicious, especially the cooked foie gras. A good selection of local wines. I would advise to book as it is quite popular.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

The place looks more contemporary, but comfortable, a little noisy but like a party. It's located in the heart of the city, just off the walking street and by the church. Our servers were terrific helping with our mediocre french. The food was simple but very good with large portions. We had the veal in cream sauce and really enjoyed. The servers also helped us pick a great bottle of wine.

Reviewed 25 October 2017

In september we had a lovely meal in the Brasserie Hippeau. We had the foie gras, the profiteroles d'escargot and a tartare de boeuf. Nice serving people and good Loire-wine. We had a very nice evening.