“Very nice dinner next to the chateau”
Review of La Reserve

La Reserve
Ranked #26 of 95 Restaurants in Amboise
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

The waitstaff could communicate with English and he menus had translations to English.

My wife and I each ordered from the three-course menus available. She enjoyed her chicken liver pate as a starter and I loved the escargot! It was only the second time I have ever eaten snails, but it was so good I would consider going back just for that!

The main plates were good. My wife ordered a her steak rare and it actually came rare! Refreshing coming from the United States where I think that is hard to come by anymore due to (maybe excessive) liabilities, etc. My cod with chorizo sauce was good but nothing memorable.

My wife loved her merengue dessert, but I was not too impressed with dessert I chose, which was a cheese selection. I was drinking a light red (Yes, I know. I was craving red even though I had cod fish) but only one of the cheeses remotely paired with my wine. Would have been great to note that the customer had red and to bring something that would have worked better. Or maybe my fault for not asking to begin.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

Located opposite of the Chatteau walls this restaurant seems an attractive option at least for the sight. If this is what you seek - enjoy it, as the rest is not remarkable at all.

Average touris food, dry steak and french fries, standard cheap green salad, no taste, no immagination. Wine reccommendation was a total miss as well.

Attentive young crew, but if the quisine is such no surprise to find more and more tables empty.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

We had a wonderful dinner at La Reserve--nicely prepared dishes, service very timely and attentive and not expensive. Would go back anytime.

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We were sent there by the concierge of our hotel because it was near the light show at the castle we were going to see.
The restaurant looked nice but the service was rude since the beginning and lacked of patience with younger adults.
Worst part of it all, five out of our 12 people party got FOOD POISONING!!!! Kids included! Some ordered filet mignon, one ordered canard and one ordered entrecôte, all of them ended up with diarrhea and vomiting all night long! Something must be very bad with the kitchen, this never happened to me before!
I know it was bad luck but I would stay away from this restaurant for sure!

Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We were a party of 12, the service was really bad but the worst part is that 5 out of the 12 got food poison and got sick, vomit, diarrhea, etc.. but not all of those 5 are the same dish, some ordered entrecôte some duck and some beef filet so something was really bad in their kitchen.

Definitely a very bad experience and I don’t suggest it to anyone.