“Come for the bread but come back for the pork cheeks.”
Review of La Cave Aux Fouees

La Cave Aux Fouees
Ranked #28 of 95 Restaurants in Amboise
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 April 2017

we ate lunch at this unique restaurant in a cave as part of a small group tour of chateaus and wine tasting.
The unique pocket bread was delicious but the revelation for me was the braised pork cheeks. It may sound foreign but it may have been the best single dish I had in France.
Service was great. Very attentive. I would return again.

Reviewed 1 January 2017

We ate at La Cave Aux Fouees as part of an educational tour that we took of France in July. The food was wonderful, especially the freshly baked bread! The restaurant serves family style, with as many refills as you need (something that is a rarity in France). This was one of the best meals we had while in France.

Reviewed 3 November 2016

We were here as part of a tour and we had maybe 10 or 12 at a table.

The fresh baked bread (fouees) was good, we were drinking wine and eatinf bread and butter, it was nice. For an appetizer they brought out pork pate, I liked it, my husband did not. We were served salad, pork shank, and something similar to a pork cassolette. Dessert was a carmel apple tart, that I thought tasted burnt.

The service was ok.

It was an experience I will remember but I would not go out of my way to go back if I found myself in that area again.

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

Cool local fare in a very unique cave setting. The food was local and ok. The wine was less than good. Somewhat of a tourist trap and fairly inexpensive. Complete dinner and wine for two with the group was only 54 euro. Unique place, go for the event and not the food or wine.

Reviewed 4 August 2016 via mobile

This was the third time I've been to this restaurant!
First it's really special restaurant in the cave , secondly food is never the same and every time is so delicious!
The last thing is that we like to sit just next to the traditional oven and eat the hot fouees (bread)!
We'll be back next year!