“Nice if you can sit outside.”
Review of I Fratelli

I Fratelli
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2015

Ok to stop for salad or pizza. Food is average. There are many better choices on this street. We waited too late to go for lunch so unable to be seated at our first 4 choices.
We wanted lunch so ate there. It is on a cute pedestrian street. We sat outside On a beautiful day so it was fine. Waitress was pleasant.

Reviewed 8 July 2015

Conveniently situated - we sat out and were able to "people watch" while we were eating. The food was good and the service cheerful.

Reviewed 6 June 2015

We enjoyed our meal at this restaurant, which is down a small pedestrianised street close to the chateau of Azay. It is small and cosy inside with a nice atmosphere and good service. We chose the Formule Gourmande and had three courses for about 20 euros each. Each course was well prepared and beautifully presented but, in true French tradition, there was not a lot of actual food on the plate. The main course was guinea fowl and we were served two small thighs each in a sauce with a few vegetables as well as fresh bread. The starter and dessert were really nice and helped to fill us up.

I couldn't fault this place, part from the fact that we have quite good appetites, and after a full day exploring chateaux, we could have eaten a bit more.

If you want to experience good French food without breaking the bank, this is the restaurant for you.

Reviewed 12 October 2014

Sure … stop in for lunch, have a pizza or a salad and relax at an outdoor table ad watch the other tourists wandering by. Good food, but not great. Saw some locals there, which is a good sign.

Reviewed 16 September 2014

I love outdoor cafes, and liked the menu choices at this one which was open on a Sunday night, while most of the other places closed early. We went for the fixed price meal, and the appetizers were exceptionally good, the entrees just okay, and the desserts quite tasty. My scallop tartare on a bed of pesto with shrimp and salmon in the salad was delicious, my baked cheesy tagliatelle was well prepared but not really flavorful, and my husband's pike was bland. Dinner was saved by the great chocolate dessert and the apple pie ala mode. The server was very nice.