“Quick lunch!”

I Fratelli
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 August 2017

I would like to find something good to say about I Fratelli but I can't. We wanted a light lunch when visiting Azay but in the height of the season it was very busy as you would expect. We chose this restaurant because it served crepes. We waited about 15 minutes for a menu and when we tried to order we were told that we had to wait for a colleague - apparently the young man could not take orders, only serve them! When we finally ordered after about 30 minutes we waited another 15 minutes for the food. The food was very ordinary and not good value for money. I visit Azay regularly but will not be visitj ng I Fratelli again.

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

This is a review for service only as we didn't hang around to sample the food. We were seated and brought menus quickly and our order was taken shortly after. We ordered pizzas and salads and water to drink. The water came quickly and then our wait began. Other tables around us were brought food. Still we waited. The table next to us had their 3 courses. Still we waited. No one came over to explain or apologise, only once when they appeared with the wrong food. Very disorganised and after waiting for 50 minutes we walked out. Shocking.

1  Thank teachers2
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Sat to enjoy a nice meal, having come to Azay for the Brocante. Not impressed by the service, exceptionally slow and lackluster. Took almost 30 minutes before we were served and received drinks. Another 20 for food. Rather bland favours, nothing particularly exciting. 3 meals and drinks for €50 is almost unacceptable when you add in slow service. Can't recommend and we'll look elsewhere next time.

1  Thank TVT T
Reviewed 25 October 2016 via mobile

Too long. Incompetent. 15 mn just to get the bill. Longer than visiting the casttle
Never again
No interest and do not recommand

Reviewed 3 October 2016

Convenient for the chateau and with indoor and outdoor tables. A bit expensive for what it is but the food is acceptable and the house wine nearly good. Service not fast.