“Interesting Initiation”

Price range: US$20 - US$25
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Eating in a Lebanese restaurant was a first for me. It was recommended by a friend. I immediately liked the décor of a Bedouin tent, which gave the restaurant a special feel about it. On arrival we were greeted by a friendly waiter and our drinks arrived very rapidly.

The menu was fairly extensive and so I chose things from the menu, rather than the set lunch. What I hadn’t realised was the helpings were very generous and far too much for my appetite. I started with spinach in pastry. The taste was good, but the pastry was rather tough. My main course was enormous. It consisted of grilled chicken with rice, potatoes and salad. I could only eat half of it. I thoroughly enjoyed this course. I also thought that it was very good value for money. For my dessert I chose a Baklava, which is something I particularly like and make at home. However, this was the course that I least enjoyed and did not live up to expectations.

After my initiation into Lebanese cuisine, I would certainly consider returning to La Bekaa, but another time, would only order half the amount of food I had during my first visit.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

we love trying a range of international food and, having tried Lebanese food before we were happy to try this restaurant.
it was ok, very heavy on the bread but we were not full at the end.

It seemed a lot of money for a meal that was 50% salad.

Reviewed 21 August 2016

We were quite late looking for a place where to eat in rue Colbert and we decided for la bekaa. It was a very nice choice! We had a selection of six cold plats of the libanese kitchen. Good food, nice environment and very kind personnel! everything was really ok (also the price!)

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

Great find, child friendly (they went out of there way to find us a high chair which we really appreciated). Good value for money, worked out to be under 20 euros per person for a mix of dishes and a mixed grill. Authentic feel to the place, traditional music and room is draped so you almost feel like you've walked into a tent! Food is tasty and plentiful and staff was so polite and discreet although maybe a little too quiet when presenting dishes. There are 2 other Lebanese restaurants down the same road but i would love to go back to this particular one again :)

Reviewed 31 May 2016

I was in Tours for the Florilege Vocal, and came to this restaurant twice. My friends and I actually tried to come a third time but it was closed. Between us all I think we probably tried more or less everything on the menu, and it was all delicious and hearty. Falafel and Houmous made for a decent lunch, while the Chiche Taouk on my second visit was extremely filling. I couldn't finish the whole plate! Both meals were crowned by delicious cups of Lebanese coffee, which I could easily have had twice as much of!