“Beef Bourgignon was very very good! ”
Review of Le Volcan

Le Volcan
Reserve with
Save up to 20% when you reserve online *
Le Volcan is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,875 of 18,471 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Nice and cozy place...the combination of beef Bourgignon with a bottle of Bordeaux made our dinner great!

Reviewed 15 March 2018

We have eaten here for years on our visits to Paris. Last night's dinner was as good (or even better) than we've had in the past. Wonderful onion soup, tasty boeuf burgundy, fabulous prawns, and a delightful salmon in mustard sauce. And the desserts!! Do visit Volcan.

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Food was lovely. Very reasonable price for the amount of food you get on the set menu. Wine bit pricey compared to others authentic restaurants. I recon this should be reviewed. Food taste great. Friendly and welcoming staff great deco. Would highly recommend visiting here

Reviewed 27 January 2018

We were staying nearby this restaurant and went on two occasions. The owners were very friendly and helpful. They graciously ignored my imperfect French and helped us with the menu pointing out good options for the children. Very nicely, they brought my younger son fries, even though they strictly didn't come with his meal. The food was very enjoyable bistro food and we had a spectacularly good Tarte Normande for dessert.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Great restaurant! Ate there with family (3 generations)...really good mussels (and I am from Whidbey Island, whose Penn Cove mussels are flown fresh all over the world).

Vivacious hostess and friendly avuncular host make you feel right at home. A highlight was a group of fellow diners from a young people’s choir who spontaneously (and gloriously) broke into song with a classic Christmas carol.

But for me the peak was the best onion soup I ever tasted! So good my wife and I slipped out and onion soup and creme brûlée 2 nights later!