“CIAO BELLA”

Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

As we enjoyed our cafe au lait and croissant at Starbucks by Le Opera (see review) we were planning out our day.

Jumping on Metro nearby we headed toward Rue Mouftard Market a street fair to hunt for any treasures. Then after a short walk in the rain we discovered nothing. Apparently it is closed Mondays...oh well next visit.

Wandering about we found ourselves at the Pantheon (must see) and noticed many students milling about. Turns out that there are nearby schools plus the Paris University School of Law. Next door we noticed Eglise St. Etienne but it’s doors were locked.

Feeling hungry and wanting to get out of the cold rain and warm up we headed into a handy Italian cafe La Capaninna.

Wrong.

All of the tables in the enclosed heated outdoor sidewalk area were occupied...hello...lunchtime.

Their manager noticed us with the wet hair and found us a small table in the also packed rustic back room...perfect!

The very busy waiter greeted us and assured us that he would be with us soon.

Our young waiter caught up and came over with a basket of bread. He was very personable fun and spoke French English and Italian...crazy good. He was entertaining as he took our orders.

A carafe of house red steak with penne pasta and chicken and penne for me. We noticed a student sitting next to us studying while eating his lunch.

Our table was in a small room with rustic brick walls near the kitchen...great.

As usual the wine was fabulous and the steak and penne pasta was delicious. Not only was my chicken penne equally tasty it was served piping hot...even better...cudos.

When we asked for more bread the waiter explained that it was almost finished baking.
Moments later we had another basket of very delicious dark on the outside light and airy on the inside peasant bread hot out of the oven.

WOW!

We took our time to enjoy everything the food the wine the fresh bread and our wonderful server.

Espresso was a must finish while we chatted more with our new friend. I have his card and we will return on our next visit to Paris.

Do the same folks!

Ciao,

Ricardo y Julia

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

Ate here mostly due to the proximity of our hotel to it. When we walked in we were greeted promptly and sat. Although it was chilly outside the above space heaters made us feel very warm and cozy. Great Vin and the pasta.... oh the pasta!! So delicious!! My 13, 15 and 17 year olds cleaned, I mean cleaned their plates!
We skipped dessert after the waiter accidentally spilled wine all over my boyfriend and the table. He was very apologetic and even brought us two palate cleansing drinks for free. The waiter was very attentive to us throughout the entire meal.
Absolutely go here for dinner if you are looking for a great Italian meal in Paris. You won’t be disappointed.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

This place was memorable, as, ironically, Italian food we had here was probably the best food we had while in Paris for 3 days. We just decided to eat here while passing by, but we did not go wrong. Pizza, pasta and wine we had were really good. However, the best part I liked was the service! The Italian waiter (sadly I did not ask for his name) was extremely pleasant, helpful and accommodating. Recommendations made by him on wine and food turned out to be worthwhile and spot on. Also, we first were sitting by the wall of the outside tent area. However, after ordering food and eating, rain started dripping close to our table. Two waiters offered changing our tables with pleasure and were extremely accommodating and nice about serving a new table for us. A pleasant manager lady was coming around to ask how we were doing during the dinner too. I unfortunately did not have enough cash with me for a big tip on the day, and to this day regret this. I hope I can go there again, just to leave their deserved tip I couldn't leave last time and thank our waiter. I really enjoyed my visit here and would definitely recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

This was a great little Italian restaurant within walking distance from our hotel. The food was very good and the service was good as well.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

The service was so bad that the waiter left the restaurant to smoke outside. We had to wait an extremely long time for him to come back into the restaurant so we could get our check. During the meal they never once checked to see if we needed anything. The pizza was good but after the terrible service it totally ruined the evening.